? fridge on Boudicca

tring

Can anyone tell me if there is a fridge in the cabins on Fred Olsen ships.

If so, do they allow you to take a smallish amount of drink onboard. I am largely thinking of some diet coke as we are sailing late for a mini cruise and the bars are always extremely busy on mini cruises.

According to my research for the Balmoral (which I assume is similar), the availability of a fridge/mini bar very much depends on which class of cabin you have (anything less than a suite - forget it). If you intend to consume your own beverages you will have to smuggle them aboard, in common with most hotels the policy is "buy it from us or else".

Buy it from us is fine if you can, but last year I seem to remember a bar queue which took about half an hour and we embarked much earlier then!

Oh well perhaps it was just a big mistake.

I would disaggree that that policy is in line with most hotels. With only one exception of a hotel in Tunisia, we have never been stopped from taking drinks into hotels for consumption in the room.

We regularly take a bottle of wine into english hotel rooms and always take non alcoholic drinks into hotels abroad, so I would have expected Fred Olsen to allow some diet coke to be taken into a cabin.

We are left a bottle of water to buy when we first embark, but it is not easy to get bottles of water on demand from the cabin stewards, so we could be pretty thirsty that night if we drink that water on arrival.

Can anyone tell me if there is a fridge in the cabins on Fred Olsen ships.

If so, do they allow you to take a smallish amount of drink onboard. I am largely thinking of some diet coke as we are sailing late for a mini cruise and the bars are always extremely busy on mini cruises.

was on boudicca last year and it depends what type of cabin you have booked.i know that there is fridge in suites,but at what type it starts at i'm not sure.

as for drink ,you will have to sneek it on board,hand luggage,handbags,backpacks etc scaned as you board ship.

any alcohol is taken by security and retuned at end of cruise.as for soft drinks i'm not sure if that is allowed.

We have never had a problem taking soft drinks onboard any of Fred's ships, (we've often taken 12 cans of coke on) but they do take alcohol away, and store it for you, if they find it in hand luggage.

I would disaggree that that policy is in line with most hotels. With only one exception of a hotel in Tunisia, we have never been stopped from taking drinks into hotels for consumption in the room.
I agree, I do it too, but if you look carefully at the T&Cs you will more than likely find it is against the rules.

Recently on Braemar we took diet coke on board without any problems we did not attempt to smuggle it, just showed it to security and he said OK, we were also allowed to take small quantaties of beer on board, alough we only took6 bottles of Banks to take home for our son:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived