Stateroom Bar Package

jimzgoldfinch

Hi,

I was considering getting a bottle of Vodka to share with my wife in our stateroom but it would appear that I am not allowed to share!!!

*All prices in GBP are subject to change without notice. There is no service charge associated with the Stateroom Bar Set up. Beverages must be consumed in the stateroom. Packages may not be shared. To modify your order, you'll need to cancel it first up to 4 days prior to sailing and make your purchase again. Cancellations or refunds for any beverage package will not be available onboard the vessel. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

I think this is nonsense.

I agree that Premium/ Classic packages should not be shared as you are getting individual drinks but in this instance I am buying a specific item.

What do you think?

What has happened is that they took the wording from the other beverage packages and slapped it into this one, where it makes no sense. This is, sadly, fairly typical of the Celebrity website, which tells us that the onboard internet doesn't work with Safari browsers on Apple products (it does, and has for some time, but nobody has bothered to change it on the website) and even famously once said that shorts ARE allowed in the MDR at dinner, when they ARE NOT (somebody didn't proofread very well), and even, in the biggest goof of all, wrote that the non-alcoholic packages included coffee with alcohol. Well, welcome to the wonderful world of the Celebrity website. You and your wife will be able to enjoy that pre-dinner drink with no problem.

Archived