Are There Good Deals on Cameras onboard?

Perki

I will also echo what most everyone else has said here. I checked out Oasis's camera shop. I recently bought a new camera and had a pretty good idea about prices from my shopping. There were no bargains on Oasis. They happened to have my make and model of camera in their shop.... for more than I paid for mine.

What about watches and jewelry onboard?

One year I was shopping for a particular Citizen Eco Drive watch. They had it on the ship for less than I had ever seen it in the States but I got it for $90 less than ship price on St. Maarten. Jewelry and watches will be much less expensive on the islands than the ship.

I have a question for all you techies: I've been looking for a new camera, not a DSLR, that has lots of zoom, etc. I have noticed that they always suggest you get a two year service contract. That makes me unconfortable, like the camera is not reliable. Any comments?

Thank you so much!:)

I have a question for all you techies: I've been looking for a new camera, not a DSLR, that has lots of zoom, etc. I have noticed that they always suggest you get a two year service contract. That makes me unconfortable, like the camera is not reliable. Any comments?

Actually, I think that most point and shoot digital cameras from reputable companies like Cannon, Olympia, etc. are quite reliable. Look at it this way, they try to sell you an extended service contract because it is extra money in their pockets not because they think you will actually be taking advantage of the contract.

There are plenty of places online where you can read reviews of cameras incuding customer comments about any problems with specific models.

Actually, I think that most point and shoot digital cameras from reputable companies like Cannon, Olympia, etc. are quite reliable. Look at it this way, they try to sell you an extended service contract because it is extra money in their pockets not because they think you will actually be taking advantage of the contract.

There are plenty of places online where you can read reviews of cameras incuding customer comments about any problems with specific models.

Thanks!:):)

That's what I was thinking.... it's like when you buy an appliance and they try to sell you the maintenance contract:(

I have tons of electronic gear and gadgets and I NEVER buy the extended contract. Even if I did have a problem that I had to pay for out of my own pocket I am so far ahead of the game from refusing to pay for these costly contracts.

Retailers love to sell these extended warranties because its a money maker for them.

At this point I'm waiting for one of my TV's to die(14 years old) so I could by a flat screen but I refuse to get rid of it as long as it is still working.:)

Sorry if I got a little off topic.:)

Archived