Fellow Russian Travelers - Ask Me!

Kellie Poodle

My wonderful TA sent me a PDF of the welcome aboard package from AMA which is in the mail. Info about docking in Moscow and St. Petersburg is in the package as well as the recommended gratuity information and lots of other stuff.

If I can be helpful to anyone going later than our June 22 departure date, let me know.

I'm starting to get really excited.

Hi Kelli...I've been following your post about your river cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg because I am in the research phase of the same trip! I read Fodor's and Frommer's and now I'm not certain whether I want to do the river cruise for 17 days or the Baltic Capitals with HAL...we generally travel with Vantage and I can book either one through them, but I can't wait till you return and report to everyone on your trip. The one thing I lose on HAL is Moscow...but in place of it I get Helsinki, Copenhagen, Talinn and Stockholm....what to do, what to do, what to do!!!!!:confused:

Hi Kelli...I've been following your post about your river cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg because I am in the research phase of the same trip! I read Fodor's and Frommer's and now I'm not certain whether I want to do the river cruise for 17 days or the Baltic Capitals with HAL...we generally travel with Vantage and I can book either one through them, but I can't wait till you return and report to everyone on your trip. The one thing I lose on HAL is Moscow...but in place of it I get Helsinki, Copenhagen, Talinn and Stockholm....what to do, what to do, what to do!!!!!:confused:

Hydrokitty,

We have hopes of doing a cruise of the Scandanavian countries at some time so we figured we'd get to do whatever we might have missed in St. Petersburg.

Don't worry. I will be keeping a travel diary on my netbook and I will most definitely share it with all of you.

Just looked this up. I think we have to be able to recognize this in the airport in Moscow:

"Baggage Claim" in Russian looks like this "багажа"

I have been researching both Moscow and St. Pete in preparation for our RR cruise in August. Vantage has us in downtown hotels and we plan to soak up as much of those cities as possible.

I really need to work on some basic Russian language skills.

I have been researching both Moscow and St. Pete in preparation for our RR cruise in August. Vantage has us in downtown hotels and we plan to soak up as much of those cities as possible.

I really need to work on some basic Russian language skills.

For me the wonderful thing about river cruising is NOT having to keep schlepping luggage and packing and unpacking. I don't mind traveling on public transportation to see the sights.

Archived