What can you NOT leave home without?????

ishophepays

Don't leave home without...

1. Passports :D

2. Family members :rolleyes:

3. Clothes :eek:

All the rest is small stuff!

If you do a forum search for "packing list" you should get some good posts. I've never cruised with a small child, so don't have any specific suggestions other than a favorite bedtime toy and a small pharmacy of over the counter meds in case of fever/sniffles/boo boos.

We seem to take less and less with each cruise, so try to resist the urge to over pack.

Enjoy the cruise, and (honestly) don't sweat the small stuff.

Don't leave home without...

1. Passports :D

2. Family members :rolleyes:

3. Clothes :eek:

All the rest is small stuff!

If you do a forum search for "packing list" you should get some good posts. I've never cruised with a small child, so don't have any specific suggestions other than a favorite bedtime toy and a small pharmacy of over the counter meds in case of fever/sniffles/boo boos.

We seem to take less and less with each cruise, so try to resist the urge to over pack.

Enjoy the cruise, and (honestly) don't sweat the small stuff.

How about the 2 page ticket :)

All you really NEEEED: goood attitude, passport, drivers license or other government picture i.d., money, ship papers to board. Things it's good to have: small flashlight, pen and post its, books or kindle or games, sunglasses, sunscreen, lanyard for ship card, small day bag for excursions, crystal light to save soda money, lots of plastic bags, extra fold up suitcase for all the stuff you buy so you can get it home.

Pack everything you want to take with you... then take half of it out and put it back in the closet. It took us a couple of trips to realize that we were taking way too many clothes. And if you travel light, there is always room to bring home your vacation finds and gifts for the children and grandchildren!

ID

Tickets

Credit card

Medications

Spouse

Everything else is negotiable or can be gotten on the ship or at the ports.

Everything else is negotiable??? Even his child? Dangnabbit, I try every year to give up my kids for Lent with no takers... Next year maybe I should bring them on a cruise and ask there! :D:D

I love the little 10 pack of Hefty Handy Saks sold at Target. They don't line your trash cans and these prove very helpful if you want to get rid of things like strawberry stems. Wet stuff. Really! They are useful for wet bathing suits, etc. Best thing I ever purchased.

I insist on having a lanyard for my ship card. It doesn't require a pocket and I can take it everywhere with me (hottub included!) so I never lose it.

• Sweatshirt
  • Highlighter, pen
  • Docs/Passport
  • 2 swim suits since 1 is always wet
  • enough underwear for a week
  • a few shirts
  • couple pairs of shorts
  • slacks/skirt
  • white hot outfit!
  • 2 pair flip flops, 1 pair dressy shoes
  • standard toiletries (toothbrush/paste, deoderant,razor, hair gel/spray and any specialty items)
  • spray sunblock (it is easier to reapply so you actually do it)
  • medication - cold, headache, allergy, bonine, immodium

That is all you ACTUALLY need. You can add to that as need be. I don't find a need for a power strip since I spend so little time in the cabin there is no need to have 10 million things plugged in at once.

As for the 2 year old, make sure there is extra clothing, comfy shoes and whatever toy or entertainment item they can't do without.

I was told to pack, then unpack and remove some items, repack and repeat. I take a carry on bag and a backpack, nothing else.

Everything else is negotiable??? Even his child? Dangnabbit, I try every year to give up my kids for Lent with no takers... Next year maybe I should bring them on a cruise and ask there! :D:D

:) He asked what can I not leave without. I couldn't recommend for him.

The first thing in my suitcase is always my favorite 16 oz. travel coffee mug. The cups on the ships are too small! I get up every morning, pour a big ole mug of coffee and head somewhere quiet to enjoy my java and a good book.

Also, lots of small bills for tips along the way!

TracyE

If the child has a set bedtime routine involving a particular "lovey," blanket and/or book, etc., make sure you bring them along. At that age, sleeping in a strange bed can be upsetting enough- make it as home-like as possible.

and definitely more than one bathing suit!

Don't forget a bunch of one dollar bills for tipping room service and the porters, etc. Anything you forget you can buy on the ship. I once forgot sneakers and I was going to Disney the next day, I needed sneakers to walk around Disney. Don't worry, the ship sold them, and they were reasonably priced. :) When we went to Alaska and were cruising Glacier Bay, Voila, out came the hats, gloves in the shops.

So, the basics are passport, charge card, dollar bills.:D And if you don't have a passport, get one, it makes life so much easier when traveling even if not mandatory for that particular trip.

If the child has a set bedtime routine involving a particular "lovey," blanket and/or book, etc., make sure you bring them along. At that age, sleeping in a strange bed can be upsetting enough- make it as home-like as possible.

and definitely more than one bathing suit!

Great post !

The first thing in my suitcase is always my favorite 16 oz. travel coffee mug. The cups on the ships are too small! I get up every morning, pour a big ole mug of coffee and head somewhere quiet to enjoy my java and a good book.

Also, lots of small bills for tips along the way!

TracyE

Ditto on the small bills. The bank always looks at me like I'm crazy when I ask for the $100 bundle of singles. :rolleyes:

Archived