Need your opinion! Best cruise line for experienced diver...

Hey scuba pros! I need your help... I'm trying to plan a family vacation that will appease the experienced divers in our group.

Do you know of any cruise lines that have their own dive program built-in vs. having to use a local operator?

Any thoughts on cruise lines that cater best to divers? Open to small to mega ships.

Thanks!

I am a dive group leader; itinerary is key, so we aren't loyal to one particular brand, but most of our dive cruises have been on a Princess ship. Regardless of cruise line, there are a few things to take into consideration if you are a diver. First, get a cabin with a balocny - it will come in handy to dry wet dive gear. Second, make arrangements to have the dive operator pick you up in port and drop you back off. If you are an experienced diver, stay away from ship sponsored dive tours. Third, to keep your non-divers happy, cruise with other couples, a family or friends who are non-divers, so your non-diver won't feel left out when you go diving - especially if you plan to dive in more than one port. Finally, pick your dive ports carefully. Even on the best itineraries, there are some ports not worth diving.

You are welcome to visit our group blog - we will be going on a two week dive trip in February - I have detailed dive port information there that might help you. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Suzi

Archived