parking at civitaveccia

iloveglee

Does anyone know how far it is from the car park at the port of Civitaveccia to the Royal Caribbean terminal. Is it within walking distance? We are taking an eastern mediterranean cruise in September, arrival back at the port at 5am. Two of the party are flying home immediately after the cruise, our problem is that we have very few choices of (cheap) flight back to the UK, the most suitable one for us departs at 10am and we are unsure how much time we should allocate for disembarkation and getting back to our car which we will have parked at the port. We then have approximately an hour's drive to Rome airport. We have only ever cruised from the US before, and it seems to take for ever to get the ship cleared for disembarkation, then there is immigration, customs etc, which presumably being a european cruise we wouldn't have to do. Is there anyone out there who has done a schedule this tight.

Yes I have done an early flight as this out of FCO on debarkation day. I made it without a problem, but you have no time for problems to arise.

I assume we are talking here about a flight out of FCO and not CIA. FCO is much closer to the port than CIA which is on the other side of Rome.

Having said this I pre-arranged a transfer from port to airport that picked me up at 7am and I used my D+ priority debarkation.

I had not to deal with getting to a parked (I assume) rental car and the return of said rental car at the airport.

If my assumption about the rental car is correct, I´m not sure why you want the rental car to be parked and paid for, for the duration of the cruise. I would just return it prior to the cruise and arrange transfers to and from the port. Shouldn´t be more expensive than paying for a week long rental and parking fees. (All this said is based on the assumtion it´s a rental car you are dealing with)

Does anyone know how far it is from the car park at the port of Civitaveccia to the Royal Caribbean terminal. Is it within walking distance? We are taking an eastern mediterranean cruise in September, arrival back at the port at 5am. Two of the party are flying home immediately after the cruise, our problem is that we have very few choices of (cheap) flight back to the UK, the most suitable one for us departs at 10am and we are unsure how much time we should allocate for disembarkation and getting back to our car which we will have parked at the port. We then have approximately an hour's drive to Rome airport. We have only ever cruised from the US before, and it seems to take for ever to get the ship cleared for disembarkation, then there is immigration, customs etc, which presumably being a european cruise we wouldn't have to do. Is there anyone out there who has done a schedule this tight.

We parked last year in that port. The ship was right in front of the parking lot. Took a few minutes with luggage. Not bad at all.

I was a bit misleading when mentioning parking the car. The car is not a rental, it is our own car. We are driving to Italy from home (England), renting a villa for a week then driving to Rome prior to the cruise. Hence why we have to park it.

There are generally no issues with Italian customs and immigration. The ships are usually cleared by the authorities within 20 min and you just get off the ship. I do not recall ever having to wait in an immigration line and customs (if any) is just a wave as you pass. Sure wish it would be this easy when coming back to a US port :)

Hank

Archived