John Heald is not the answer...

neo-cruiser

....For every little minute request you have. Give the man a break. He is not responsible for your bad time, seating arrangment, or any other aspect of your cruise. Spent a few minutes reading his blog, and the requests made on there are RIDICULOUS ;):(:confused::rolleyes::cool::eek:

....For every little minute request you have. Give the man a break. He is not responsible for your bad time, seating arrangment, or any other aspect of your cruise. Spent a few minutes reading his blog, and the requests made on there are RIDICULOUS ;):(:confused::rolleyes::cool::eek:

-----

I "like" this. :-)

I think the question here is "why do YOU care"?

John obviously enjoys what he does and being able to provide those things to people - why ruin his fun?

I don't CARE...just stating an opinion. He is the best at what he does, it just seems that people take advantage is all.

I always feel bad for him. He tries very hard to make everyone happy and people take advantage.

A few days ago one of the questions on the blog was from someone requesting 200 bibles and a place to have a huge bible study every day. Why wouldn't you contact Carnival directly or at least someone on the actual ship you are cruising on. Sheesh.

I always feel bad for him. He tries very hard to make everyone happy and people take advantage.

A few days ago one of the questions on the blog was from someone requesting 200 bibles and a place to have a huge bible study every day. Why wouldn't you contact Carnival directly or at least someone on the actual ship you are cruising on. Sheesh.

Exactly.

i go there less and less each week due to the stupidly of some post/requests. they will eventually be his downfall. just hope he realizes it before the fall from grace.

and as long as people repost the interesting stuff and pictures, none of us have to go there anymore.

Well generally, you can't be all things to all people.. But John I'm sure knows his limits, its his blog, and he is doing a good job with it.

He does an incredible job, I for one could not do what he does. Im more, not dissappointed, but in awe of what THE PEOPLE expect of him.

There is more whining and complaining here than over there. John is the face of Carnival on Facebook and the Blog. He enjoys the interaction. If Carnival didnt want him doing what he's doing they wouldnt allow it. Yes, some of the requests are out there. I can't tell you the number of requests I've read that start with.. "I heard on Cruise Critic I could come here and ask for..."

But with the 12,000 plus people that are his "friends" on facebook and read his Blog he must be doing something right.

And yeah..Why do you care? Obviously he doesn't.

HIS DOWNFALL?? That's the funniest statement yet~

If someone posts a comment on the blog (something of substance - not just a begging post) and happens to mention that they are sailing in the near future, and John decides to send them something because he wants to - that's one thing. But for people to post on there for the sole purpose of asking for something for free (and usually sounding like they fully expect to receive it) that is something altogether different.

I've never met John (but will in October :D) but it sounds like he is a kind and generous person who genuinely likes doing things for people - but hearing the nastiness and rudeness of some people who then are rewarded by receiving a special favor or gift, well that really rubs me the wrong way. It is like they are being rewarded for their bad behavior.

Its so true, people want everything they can get give me a break.

The bible group could maybe save the souls of smugglers. For me its too late.

Can I get an amen?

I need to make some requests for my upcoming cruise maybe I can get John to let me drive that thing out of port? Maybe use a lifeboat for a snorkeling trip?

There is more whining and complaining here than over there. John is the face of Carnival on Facebook and the Blog. He enjoys the interaction. If Carnival didnt want him doing what he's doing they wouldnt allow it. Yes, some of the requests are out there. I can't tell you the number of requests I've read that start with.. "I heard on Cruise Critic I could come here and ask for..."

But with the 12,000 plus people that are his "friends" on facebook and read his Blog he must be doing something right.

And yeah..Why do you care? Obviously he doesn't.

HIS DOWNFALL?? That's the funniest statement yet~

The basis of this thread WAS NOT about John Heald himself, what he does or does not do, his motives or anything of that nature...it is simply about the "OUT THERE" requests. Come on people im not bashing his blog, just pointing out that people ask for some wierd things :D:o:)

I could not believe someone asking for 200 bibles and a bible class everyday. Talk about people being pushy.

I agree that the fact he enjoys what he does. He is acting as a bridge to help people who don't exactly know where to go or who to ask. He is bombarded with some strange and downright silly questions and requests. I will ask a question or a see if he can help IF it is important to me and he can be of assistance (such a email to maitre'd for a specific table in the dining room).

To be honest, I read his blog everytime it is posted, but as for the questions, I really only read who posted it and perhaps the first sentence and decide if I want to. I have read some that were truly oddballs and strange, but on a whole, I read less than 5% of the questions he posts.

He is doing a good thing for Carnival and is truly the best at diplomacy when it comes to answering the personal/cruise line attacks, oddball questions that baffle anyone, and those that have a sales pitch that with their help he could lose all the weight he wants if he takes their magic pills and when he kindly declines he has to bear the brunt of their rejection (these people obviously don't know he is diabetic and needs to be on a medically supervised weight loss plan).

Archived