Grand Cayman- time for helmet dive and Hell post office?

JulieRose

Hi, I'm getting married on the grand princess next april and the day after the wedding we dock in grand cayman. We think it would be funny to have our wedding announcements postmarked from Hell but not if it means missing the helmet dive. I believe we're in port for about 8 hours. Anyone know if that should be enough time for both?

I think the helmet dive is only an hour but I don't know how much prep there is before hand or what the schedule looks like. I also don't know how far the trip is to get to Hell from the port. I was hoping that someone who had been on one or both of these excursions would know more details.

Depending on traffic, Hell is about 15-20 minutes from the port area maybe? If you took a taxi and had them wait while you go into the post office, I'd guess you could likely do the round trip in an hour or hour and a half, depending on how many announcements you need to send and how fast you can lick stamps... :D I'd definitely have them all pre-addressed and ready to go, though...

Depending on traffic, Hell is about 15-20 minutes from the port area maybe? If you took a taxi and had them wait while you go into the post office, I'd guess you could likely do the round trip in an hour or hour and a half, depending on how many announcements you need to send and how fast you can lick stamps... :D I'd definitely have them all pre-addressed and ready to go, though...

I was actually thinking that I could probably get the postage by mail ahead of time and have them already stamped, addressed and ready to go. Really just a matter of handing them to someone at the post office. I'll have to visit a gift shop while I'm there for a few choice recipients as well though... :)

I was actually thinking that I could probably get the postage by mail ahead of time and have them already stamped, addressed and ready to go. Really just a matter of handing them to someone at the post office. I'll have to visit a gift shop while I'm there for a few choice recipients as well though... :)

If you're going to do that, do it well in advance. When I mail stuff, even just a postcard, from Cayman it usually takes about a month to get home. :confused: That should save you lots of time, if it works.

The gift shop is a bit cheesy, but there's lots of stuff on the "wish you were here" theme, so it's kind of fun. Lots of people I know stop there to send a postcard to their boss or mother-in-law... ;)

Archived