smuggling liquor

CarolRoy

I have been watchng a thread something about a couple that would be honeymooning on a carnival ship. They were asking about smuggling liquor on board. When I last read the forum, there were over 270 posts. Now I can't find it anywhere. Can someone direct me to it. I did post to it, but can't find my post anywhere. Thanks.

So, I do not need or want to smuggle alcohol on the ship, or drugs home from the mexican ports, but I am concerned about some of the violence on the different Islands lately.

What can you do to smuggle some type of personal weapon on the ship, to keep you and family feeling safer when off in port?

I am thinking ceramic blade combat knife, or &*^ what are your experiances?

So, I do not need or want to smuggle alcohol on the ship, or drugs home from the mexican ports, but I am concerned about some of the violence on the different Islands lately.

What can you do to smuggle some type of personal weapon on the ship, to keep you and family feeling safer when off in port?

I am thinking ceramic blade combat knife, or &*^ what are your experiances?

You are right about the violence. Last November we were in St. Kitts and a Celebrity shore excursion bus with about 30 people was held up at gunpoint. They took everything - money, jewelry, passports, you name it. I don't think a blade would be that much protection to be honest, these thugs mean business. We are switching from cruising the Caribbean back to the Mexican ports, which we now consider safer. It's really a shame, but the danger of violence is very real in the Caribbean now.

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, your going to get yourself killed.

your missing the point, I don't know anyone that would try to smuggle a knife or gun on the ship, because it is against the rules, but they smuggle booze and drugs all the time, and they are against the rules also, and cause more damage, problems, from abuse that the gun or knife will if it is used for self defense.

now back to reality, DO NOT TRY TO BRING A KNIFE OR GUN ON THE SHIP, just be aware of what is going on, and be safe.

I feel a little more stupid each time I read one of these booze threads. But they can be amusing none the less.

If you just want a few drinks, buy the nips at your local liquor store and put them in your pockets when you enter the ship. As long as they're not doing body searches, no problem. I realize that this will get you just a few drinks and does not work for the hard core drinkers.

Waldo... unless you are some kind of knife ninja, leave the weapons at home. Will either be confiscated or could get you a lengthy discussion with Homeland Security in a locked room with no windows.

If the fear is that great, stay at home.

Or just stay in well traveled streets and stay out of the back alleys.

Watch your back and would be a neighborly gesture to watch others backs, also.

Waldo... unless you are some kind of knife ninja, leave the weapons at home. Will either be confiscated or could get you a lengthy discussion with Homeland Security in a locked room with no windows.

If the fear is that great, stay at home.

Or just stay in well traveled streets and stay out of the back alleys.

Watch your back and would be a neighborly gesture to watch others backs, also.

Exactly, and I think the other smugglers should get the same results, for smuggling booze and drugs,

Archived