Summit Aqua Class Aft Cabin Question

ginza

TA told me when Summit is redone it will have Aqua Class aft cabins...has anyone else heard this? I said great I would like to book one for April...she

said no cabin numbers are available at this time. Does anyone know where I can view a new updated layout of the Summit.

One other question....if you had a choice of Aqua Class Aft or a Sky Suite for

approx. same $$...which would you choose?

Thank you.

TA told me when Summit is redone it will have Aqua Class aft cabins...has anyone else heard this? I said great I would like to book one for April...she

said no cabin numbers are available at this time. Does anyone know where I can view a new updated layout of the Summit.

One other question....if you had a choice of Aqua Class Aft or a Sky Suite for

approx. same $$...which would you choose?

Thank you.

Hi, yes it is true. Summit will be in Solsticizied in January 2012 and

there will be AQ cabins added. If you look at the Celebrity website

and click on Summit for your particular sailing there should be new

plans with the decks that will be offering this new cabin category.

Here you go.... Just click on the enlarging icon at the top for clear viewing. Deck 11. Only 5 aft Aqua cabins on the ship.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/Solsticizing_IN/Deck_Plans/CEL_SummitDecks2011.pdf

Thanks for that deck link...I think I had read this, and looking at deckplans, Celebrity Suites will now have balconies as well??

I am a little concerned now....Celebrity now has a map showing the new

Aqua Class rooms on Summit...however their map looks different and it

doesn't show any aft cabins....apparently we have booked 1140 which is suppose to be one of five aft...has anyone else booked Summit Aqua Class for after the redo?

doesn't show any aft cabins....apparently we have booked 1140 which is suppose to be one of five aft...has anyone else booked Summit Aqua Class for after the redo?

According to the diagrams on the link posted above...1140 is a stern/aft cabin....

It looks like these will be overlooking the aft bar and might not have much, if any, privacy on the verandas. I know on the Century where they added aft veranda cabins overlooking the aft bar there is virtually no privacy (you can see the veranda of Century cabin 1242 in the background of this photo click here)

I guess we won't know for certain until the renovation is completed and the ship sails.

Yes, on the link listed above it shows that but on Celebrity page it says

location of staterooms not determined as of yet...that is my concern...thanks.

OK...my bad...I guess I misunderstood...Kind of the same boat as me...On that diagram it shows that Celebrity Suites will have a balcony after the refurb., but nobody has confirmed that for me. I loved the bowed-out windows of the CS, and a balcony will only add to further enjoyment!!

But I too like the stern cabins...and that diagram shows your selected stern cabin near the very top of the ship...that is appealing too !!

Decisions...Decisions !!

It looks like these will be overlooking the aft bar and might not have much, if any, privacy on the verandas. I know on the Century where they added aft veranda cabins overlooking the aft bar there is virtually no privacy (you can see the veranda of Century cabin 1242 in the background of this photo click here)

I guess we won't know for certain until the renovation is completed and the ship sails.

After looking at that photo...I see your point there...But how easy to pass a drink up to me !! :D

Thank you Larry....based on that photo, I don't think I would like that cabin...don't know what to do...there is still one sky suite available on our sailing for just a couple hundred more...anyone have any thoughts...I guess

we could wait until redo and then if space still available change cabins...

Thank you Larry....based on that photo, I don't think I would like that cabin...don't know what to do...there is still one sky suite available on our sailing for just a couple hundred more...anyone have any thoughts...I guess

we could wait until redo and then if space still available change cabins...

That is why I passed on the A1 AQ cabins, didn't want to be right above the sunset bar as much as I enjoy hanging out there! I booked 9038 which will be A2 AQ, reportedd to have larger balcony and hopefully is quiet.

Thank you everyone for your comments....they helped. I called Celebrity again this morning and those additional cabins are not set in stone as far as location yet...so for the $150 more I took the last Sky Suite...6122...at least

I know what I'm getting...thanks again...

• 5 months later...

We have booked the Summit Aqua class for August 2012. We do have a cabin, my travel agency determined the numbers and I have, what we believe is a great location.

We also sailed last spring on the Summit in a Suite (guarantee). While the perks of the suite are wonderful, butler, priority boarding, etc., the blu restaurant in Aqua class is a real plus! We have previously sailed on the solstice and the equinox and loved the Blu restaurant. I was advised however, if you have a suite, you can access Blu for a fee of $5 pp per night-

If we can get another suite guarantee in August, we will switch but dine in Aqua Class! My only issue was that we got a handicapped suite and the cabin lacked some of the perks that a regular suite have- i.e.: a bathtub and walk in closet- but we loved the butler!!

I was advised however, if you have a suite, you can access Blu for a fee of $5 pp per night.

True... By advance reservation and if space is available...

On the Solstice-Class ships, I've seen some occasions in which Blu was readily available to suite guests and others in which they could not be accommodated...

That is why I passed on the A1 AQ cabins, didn't want to be right above the sunset bar as much as I enjoy hanging out there! I booked 9038 which will be A2 AQ, reportedd to have larger balcony and hopefully is quiet.

We are booked in A1 aft AQ on the Summit for Fall 2012.

I am leary about being above the sunset bar.

We hope the balcony is shaded and not exposed like the aft balconies on the "S" class ships.

We have never cruised in an aft cabin and wanted to try one.

Could you tell me where you found out the balcony for A2 AQ is a larger balcony.

I haven't found any info about the solsticized Summit and would like to find out any info I can.

Summit deck plans have 3 versions. You need to pull down the one on the top right that begins April 28th and you will see the aft aqua class staterooms.

• 4 months later...

I am looking for info also from people who have sailed in aqua class on the summit. I have an A2held and also lucked out and have snagged A1 1140. There is a price difference of course.

We love the aft and also think the difference of the "new" cabins vs the refreshed A2's might be worth it...

I would some feedback and a photo or two before I make my final decision...

I am looking for info also from people who have sailed in aqua class on the summit. I have an A2held and also lucked out and have snagged A1 1140. There is a price difference of course.

We love the aft and also think the difference of the "new" cabins vs the refreshed A2's might be worth it...

I would some feedback and a photo or two before I make my final decision...

I too chose an AFT A1 for our May cruise on Summit for same reason.. ..and also to be closer to the AFT bar via those rear external stairs on either side:D..... but so far have only found these pix of the newly constructed Aqua Class on deck 11

633425854_AquaClassSummitSolticizedAftPortsideview.jpg.e22cb17d741e4561925ea954aa64f93f.jpg

637908878_aquaclassaftstarboard.jpg.c823aad9dacd57a0e709f866a0e17f83.jpg

Archived