Bringing food and snacks?

jrosesmith84

I will be bringing my 14 month old daughter on my cruise and was wondering what the rules are about taking food on and off the ship? She mostly eats adult food now but she still eats some baby food and little snacks like cherrios. Are you aloud to take this stuff off the ship for excursions?

You can take pre-packaged sealed food off the ship with you at ports. The buffet at breakfast will have small boxes of various cereals (I know fruit loops and lucky charms for sure, but there were other choices that I am not positive on.) You can take these at breakfast from the buffet and use them the rest of day. They also have sealed yogurt that you can take as well. That is what we did and didn't take any baby food. There was so much available at the buffets!

Just don't take any fresh fruit or vegetables off the ship. We brought some snacks with us on our first cruise, chocolate, peanuts, licorice ect. Anything packaged is fine. Breakfast time they have those nice little boxes of cereal at the buffet line. Just grab a couple extra for your day off the ship. I have read from several others that is may be against the law to take fresh veggies or fruit off the ship. Hope this helps. Mark

Prepackaged food is fine. Fresh veggies, fruit and meat are the biggest no-nos. Most ports don't want invasive pests imported into their ecosystem.

Last month Cabo was checking every bag off of every tender for food. There was a huge bag full of fruit. One man was especially upset over his banana. He didn't cause a scene, but could see it in his face.

Some countries impose heavy fines (New Zealand).

I've only seen one port (Astoria, OR) that has a sign up about not bringing food back onto the ship. Been there twice on two different lines and saw the same sign.

Don't know where you are going but my DDs had no problem eating fried fish tacos (fish & tortilla only) in Mexico. We were eating at a highly recommended taco stand. Wouldn't eat at a stand that wasn't highly recommended. We did have to tell the oldest (3yo) that she was eating fish sticks and that she had to have the tortilla so she wouldn't burn her hand.

Just don't take any fresh fruit or vegetables off the ship. We brought some snacks with us on our first cruise, chocolate, peanuts, licorice ect. Anything packaged is fine. Breakfast time they have those nice little boxes of cereal at the buffet line. Just grab a couple extra for your day off the ship. I have read from several others that is may be against the law to take fresh veggies or fruit off the ship. Hope this helps. Mark

As long as these were sealed they are allowed. Nothing unsealed.

Prepackaged food is fine. Fresh veggies, fruit and meat are the biggest no-nos. Most ports don't want invasive pests imported into their ecosystem.

Last month Cabo was checking every bag off of every tender for food. There was a huge bag full of fruit. One man was especially upset over his banana. He didn't cause a scene, but could see it in his face.

Some countries impose heavy fines (New Zealand).

Here is the sign on the Paradise as you debark in port.

GEDC2985.jpg

Archived