Is This Madness? Planning Next Cruise Before This One's Even Done?

kcfoxy

Have cruised once with Carnival and then several times with HAL. In a little more than one week (!) will be flying into NOLA for the first time and taking our first ever NCL, first ever Spirit and first ever Western Caribbean cruise.

DH Richard only did the Carinval Ecstacy Baja 'sampler' then bowed out of the others, but suddenly perked up with the idea of this itinierary and I researched and booked it in a hot minute ;-). He mentioned in passing, a bit of regret for not trying that Inside Passage one with me in 2002...which got my wheels to spinnin'.

Pearl or (new to this route) Jewel (replacing Star)? Last week of May or 1st week of September? We are shoulder season people, as I like to give co-workers with kids/grandkids the June/July/August first dibs AND Richard is not so much happy around large numbers of kidlets.

BTW: RNs need to make their vacation requests 6 months to a year in advance...the latter being safer to get those precious dates nailed down, but have I been bitten by some sort of cruisitis bug, looking/booking more than a year in advance?

It was truly funny to hear the man who can't stand being off terra firma/or at least within sight of a port giving feedback on my proposed itinierary and booking dilemna:

"So, if I book now, it's $500 down. But if I wait to book on our cruise it would be $250 down but we'd get an immediate $100 credit. Hmmm?"

(Himself) "Well that's a no-brainer!"

Maybe he's been bitten, too or else this whole lovely thing is incurably contagious ?!!!

Your opinions would be welcome at this point!

Yes, it is contagious. I worried about Tony on our first cruise but he could not wait to get on our next and he is the first to say "Lets go and buy our future cruise credit certificate(s)"

We are going on the Spirit in November and we are both very excited about the itinerary. He wants to go and see the ruins.... and we are both excited to visit New Orleans.

Have cruised once with Carnival and then several times with HAL. In a little more than one week (!) will be flying into NOLA for the first time and taking our first ever NCL, first ever Spirit and first ever Western Caribbean cruise.

DH Richard only did the Carinval Ecstacy Baja 'sampler' then bowed out of the others, but suddenly perked up with the idea of this itinierary and I researched and booked it in a hot minute ;-). He mentioned in passing, a bit of regret for not trying that Inside Passage one with me in 2002...which got my wheels to spinnin'.

Pearl or (new to this route) Jewel (replacing Star)? Last week of May or 1st week of September? We are shoulder season people, as I like to give co-workers with kids/grandkids the June/July/August first dibs AND Richard is not so much happy around large numbers of kidlets.

BTW: RNs need to make their vacation requests 6 months to a year in advance...the latter being safer to get those precious dates nailed down, but have I been bitten by some sort of cruisitis bug, looking/booking more than a year in advance?

It was truly funny to hear the man who can't stand being off terra firma/or at least within sight of a port giving feedback on my proposed itinierary and booking dilemna:

"So, if I book now, it's $500 down. But if I wait to book on our cruise it would be $250 down but we'd get an immediate $100 credit. Hmmm?"

Maybe he's been bitten, too or else this whole lovely thing is incurably contagious ?!!!

This addiction is incurable, and gets worse as time goes on...:D

I have at least 8 cruises booked between now and March 2013, and still search for more to add to the list. :eek::D

I enjoy the roll calls, planning, research and the anticipation of each and every cruise.....and my other half also shares the addiction, so there's no stopping us now. :D

We like to book well ahead of time. We have the next four cruises booked,

August, Russian River, Ukraine and Baltics (Vantage);

December, Panama Canal down SA to Valpo (Celebrity Infinity);

Feb. 2012, Holy Land from Rome (Nor. Jade);

Sept. 2012, Amsterdam to Istanbul (Celebrity Const.)

For this reason, every time we cruise on NCL, we take the $250 deposit special.

I'm anticipating an NCL cruise for our 5th anniversary in Oct 2013. No posted itineraries yet, so I'm just planning to purchase the future cruise credit deal onboard the Epic next week. Can you purchase more than one $250 certificate, and can you use more than one certificate towards 1 cruise fare?

I'm anticipating an NCL cruise for our 5th anniversary in Oct 2013. No posted itineraries yet, so I'm just planning to purchase the future cruise credit deal onboard the Epic next week. Can you purchase more than one $250 certificate, and can you use more than one certificate towards 1 cruise fare?

You can only use one future cruise reward certificate per cabin booked, they are transferrable to friends and family. Yes, you can purchase more than one at a time.....we purchased 6 or 7 on our last cruise. I believe it's 4 per person that you can purchase, but I'm not positive on that....hopefully someone else can give you a definite answer on the limit. :)

You can only use one future cruise reward certificate per cabin booked, they are transferrable to friends and family. Yes, you can purchase more than one at a time.....we purchased 6 or 7 on our last cruise. I believe it's 4 per person that you can purchase, but I'm not positive on that....hopefully someone else can give you a definite answer on the limit. :)

Thanks for the info!

FCC's make it easy to have multiple cruises booked. Right now we have 4 booked, 2 for this year and 2 for next year. Once we cruise in Oct we'll buy more FCC's so we can get 2013 started!:D

Thanks all who responded to the OP...it sounds like we, or at least I must have it, and I do believe I may already have created a Suite Monster, speaking of disorders.

Since DH Richard was a line cook and Hollywood caterter's assistant for many, many years...he's waited on others and now as an 18 wheeler not so much. But he'd rather go to a sit down dinner out than a buffet, just so he can enjoy the somewhat rare pleasure of being served.

Hoping to both educate and entice about what we might expect for our first ever Penhouse Suite experience...I just wanted to let him know that we could order from any restaurant (cost and no-cost) and have it served in our suite, enjoy Cagney's for breakfast and lunch...though we'll be in port on 4 of those 7 days.

Now, getting back to the topic of booking another cruise before even taking this one,

we spoke about Alaska and I made the mistake of bringing up either a midship window or, horrors, possibly even an obstructed outside cabin to save some major green. Next month's splurge is after all, a very major splurge for middle class, middle aged individuals such as ourselves.

His response? "Well, I hated that port hole cabin we got for our first cruise, even it was in the middle of the ship...was near the basement [sic] or something wasn't it? And do you really think I would go back to all of our meals in the MDR/buffet when we can be served with a consistent level of attention and caring...wake up to customized room service, have first dibs on tendering and embark, debark...whatever you call that...good seats at the shows, goofy little nightly apps [can't spell the other word] a separate tub and shower and all that kinda stuff?"

Think that's the jist of it...good gravy...what have I done? Here I'm thinking the pampering might be less but the over all experience would still be fine, if not so grand. Umm, meaning the cruise is the thing, correctomente?

OP.. PLEASE.. I get in a panic if we don't have at least two fully booked.. 8-)

Yes, it is contagious. I worried about Tony on our first cruise but he could not wait to get on our next and he is the first to say "Lets go and buy our future cruise credit certificate(s)"

We are going on the Spirit in November and we are both very excited about the itinerary. He wants to go and see the ruins.... and we are both excited to visit New Orleans.

WOW>> I so can't wait to meet you guys. 8-)

The first day he stepped his foot on board, it became inevitable that he would get the bug too. As to booking a year ahead... very smart move! Then you get to savor the anticipation even longer!!!

Archived