Not Your Dad's Pride of America! 4-9-11 review!

Cubechick

Aimee,

I am so mad at you right now, LOL ! You did it again. Another great cruise review with pictures. You are killing me. Now I have to figure out when I can do a Hawaii cruise now!

It was a wonderful read as usual and I now must figure out when I can do this cruise. We have another Bermuda cruise planned this summer on the Gem and then the Star in February.

Take care and hopefully we will be on a ship at the same time again in the near future!

Aimee,

I am so mad at you right now, LOL ! You did it again. Another great cruise review with pictures. You are killing me. Now I have to figure out when I can do a Hawaii cruise now!

It was a wonderful read as usual and I now must figure out when I can do this cruise. We have another Bermuda cruise planned this summer on the Gem and then the Star in February.

Take care and hopefully we will be on a ship at the same time again in the near future!

Sorry Jim! LOL. It won't be a trip you'd regret! Glad to hear from you! I've wondered where you've been! Hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruises! Maybe the Dawn 2 day will come down in price & we'll get to sail together then?

Sorry Jim! LOL. It won't be a trip you'd regret! Glad to hear from you! I've wondered where you've been! Hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruises! Maybe the Dawn 2 day will come down in price & we'll get to sail together then?

Hi Aimee,

I have been off the boards for awhile. It has been a crazy,busy year. I have also taken up running and ran 2 half marathons since November and the Boston Marathon in April. I have a few more planned too :D!

I will keep an eye on the Dawn 2-day!

Take Care!

Hi Aimee,

I have been off the boards for awhile. It has been a crazy,busy year. I have also taken up running and ran 2 half marathons since November and the Boston Marathon in April. I have a few more planned too :D!

I will keep an eye on the Dawn 2-day!

Take Care!

Good for you, Jim! You'll have to change your board name. ;)

When I started reading your outstanding review I was wishing I was back on this ship. This week the airfare went down enough that I booked the cruise for next month so I have some planning to do in a short time. You have a perfect title for your review. I find it interesting that people will give their opinion of this ship when they have never been on it. Pictures were beautiful!

When I started reading your outstanding review I was wishing I was back on this ship. This week the airfare went down enough that I booked the cruise for next month so I have some planning to do in a short time. You have a perfect title for your review. I find it interesting that people will give their opinion of this ship when they have never been on it. Pictures were beautiful!

I'm terribly jealous. I'm suffering from the worst case of PCD (post cruise depression) this time! Glad you get to go. Happy planning!:)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm terribly jealous. I'm suffering from the worst case of PCD (post cruise depression) this time! Glad you get to go. Happy planning!:)

Hi Aimee,

Just wanted to check how the "patients" are doing. Have you now recovered a bit?:eek:

Loved your review & fantastic pictures. As always, you make us feel like we're right there on the next lounge chair.;)

Sounds like you & Chris made the most out of every minute.

We've done Hawaii a few times, all land trips, and have spent up to a wk in each island. So a HI cruise would not be at the top of our list given so many other places we've not been.

That said, your review sure makes it tantalizing.:D I've got CC friends who are going on Pride of America next yr and it's great to read an update, from someone we trust, that talks about the whole experience so positively. Looks like paring back to one ship in HI and making it the best possible has finally paid off for NCLA.

I noticed you'll be on the Star Panama Canal next. I was on the Pearl 2 wk repo and just loved it. The Canal is, of course, a real highlight but I also enjoyed the other ports. Some of them are a little "dicey" (like Acapulco) but I stuck with NCL excursions the whole cruise (except for one day with CC'ers privately). One highlight was Guatemala but I think they may have changed the itinerary for upcoming cruises.

Thanks for another great great review! Sorry I'm late to the party reading it so just wanted to stop by and say hello!:)

Hi Aimee' date='

Just wanted to check how the "patients" are doing. Have you now recovered a bit?:eek:

Loved your review & fantastic pictures. As always, you make us feel like we're right there on the next lounge chair.;)

Sounds like you & Chris made the most out of every minute.

We've done Hawaii a few times, all land trips, and have spent up to a wk in each island. So a HI cruise would not be at the top of our list given so many other places we've not been.

That said, your review sure makes it tantalizing.:D I've got CC friends who are going on Pride of America next yr and it's great to read an update, from someone we trust, that talks about the whole experience so positively. Looks like paring back to one ship in HI and making it the best possible has finally paid off for NCLA.

I noticed you'll be on the Star Panama Canal next. I was on the Pearl 2 wk repo and just loved it. The Canal is, of course, a real highlight but I also enjoyed the other ports. Some of them are a little "dicey" (like Acapulco) but I stuck with NCL excursions the whole cruise (except for one day with CC'ers privately). One highlight was Guatemala but I think they may have changed the itinerary for upcoming cruises.

Thanks for another great great review! Sorry I'm late to the party reading it so just wanted to stop by and say hello!:)[/quote']

Yes, we're recovering, thank you! Working on the Star cruise helps with the depression, LOL. Although I do think it'll have a hard time living up to Hawaii (the ports anyway) I'm seriously looking forward to those sea days and relaxing!:)

Thanks for your lovely compliments, Barb! I hope that our planets align again and we get to sail together again in the future!

Hi there Cubech:

I too, sailed the Pride of America-pre refurbishment December 2007. I had no complaints and was frankly shocked of all the Bad reviews she and her crew had received. Captain Buzz, if memory is correct, was then the Captain in charge too. At least he looks familiar-a bit older-but so am I I suppose.

I often wonder if Seasick the concierge still managed to stay on board the POA. He had constant sea sickness with every outing...Not a job you want for being that way I may add. It was awhile ago but you'd recognize him he was the African American at the service desk who turned green (lol).

Anyway let me know if you remember him. I had such a great time with NCL POA that I even tried to get on with them. Well that didn't work out, but I still have me credentials and will pursue other areas.

That is all,

SMT.

• 1 month later...

Great review, thanks for posting. DW and I went on the NCL Star back in 2003 for our honeymoon. Back then we had to go to Fanning Island, which was nice, but would have preferred to spend more time on Hawaiian Islands. We heard some pretty bad reviews about POA and were worried. Good to see a good review and some great pics. We are planning on going back to Hawaii in Oct 2013 for our ten year anniversary on the POA.:D Can't wait.

Archived