Not Your Dad's Pride of America! 4-9-11 review!

Cubechick

What a lovely review! Thank you for sharing and your hard work in posting the pictures. I have thought about the Hawaii cruise for a while and want to go with a group of ladies from work, but its difficult for all of us to get off at the same time.

I'm glad the PoA is getting better reviews, so I wouldn't have to worry about the others thinking I was putting us on a bad ship. It wouldn't bother me, I'm able to go with the flow but the others might have different personalities.

Again, thanks!

Thankyou for a really great review, we are leaving in 3 weeks and can't wait now, just wondering with the snorkling tour in Maui, how would you rate this with beginners :confused:, or would you have to be more experienced, thanks:rolleyes:

Thankyou for a really great review, we are leaving in 3 weeks and can't wait now, just wondering with the snorkling tour in Maui, how would you rate this with beginners :confused:, or would you have to be more experienced, thanks:rolleyes:

Actually the Molokini Snorkel is excellent for beginners. They give a snorkel lesson at the first stop for anyone who needs it and provide "floaties" (noodles and boards, etc) if you're concerned about your swimming ability. Also it was the easiest boat I've ever seen for going in and out of the water with a sturdy platform that you sit on to put your fins on right before you reach the ladder into the water and crewmembers are there to assist you if you need a hand.

Highly recommended!

Actually the Molokini Snorkel is excellent for beginners. They give a snorkel lesson at the first stop for anyone who needs it and provide "floaties" (noodles and boards, etc) if you're concerned about your swimming ability. Also it was the easiest boat I've ever seen for going in and out of the water with a sturdy platform that you sit on to put your fins on right before you reach the ladder into the water and crewmembers are there to assist you if you need a hand.

Highly recommended!

Thanks for your quick reply, I am not worried about my, or our swimming, we can swim, just never snorkled before, and was just a bit worried about been out in so deep water, been my first time, but would like to give it a go.

Its good to hear it first hand from someone that has done it,thanks again for a great report, really enjoyed reading it :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your cruise with us. I found myself checking in every night to read your wonderful review.

BTW, we are making a point to stop by Duke's and try one of those great looking Mai Tais. Hope they taste as good as they look..........

Aimee, I love reading your cruise reviews and that they include your wonderful photos. You are one of the people who helped make my foray into cruising fun and better. I found this site because of you. I enjoyed every word and image and am really happy you two had a wonderful time. Now I'm so psyched for my next cruise in December, but want to do Hawaii now, too. lol

Dinner was at Jefferson’s Bistro and what a fantastic experience that was! Our waiter, Chris (four years with the America) was the best waiter that we’ve ever had on an NCL cruise. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable about the Jefferson’s Bistro menu, he gave us great suggestions on wine and on dining at the other venues. For example he explained that the Kona lobster we were seeing advertised as being served in the Bistro on Wednesday was in fact Maine lobster. A man on Kona raises them and the PoA picks up 75 lobsters each Wednesday. Wednesday is also “lobster night” on the PoA (that means spiny lobster in the main dining rooms), realizing we were from the east coast (and can have lobster any time) he suggested dining at East Meets West that night as the other restaurants would be packed. I’ve simply not encountered another waiter on a cruise ship who knew so much about what the ship had to offer. I in fact filled out my first S.T.Y.L.E. card ever (in 17 cruises) for him!

Thank you for the wonderful review so far. I have only read up to this point, but HAVE to stop and ask a couple of questions before I forget....

1) We would like to have the Maine lobster on lobster night. Is the Jefferson Bistro the best place to get that? How about the steak house? We leave in less than 2 weeks and want to book a reservation as soon as we board.

2) We have a M&M set up with our Roll Call, but not through the ship for after the Muster Drill. Should we contact the ship to be able to have the officers there? We are not a large group, which is why I have not done anything before and the Roll Call is not extremely active. I don't want to set something up and then have a disappointing showing.:( However, we have wonderful QUALITY within our group!:D

Thank you for the wonderful review so far. I have only read up to this point, but HAVE to stop and ask a couple of questions before I forget....

1) We would like to have the Maine lobster on lobster night. Is the Jefferson Bistro the best place to get that? How about the steak house? We leave in less than 2 weeks and want to book a reservation as soon as we board.

2) We have a M&M set up with our Roll Call, but not through the ship for after the Muster Drill. Should we contact the ship to be able to have the officers there? We are not a large group, which is why I have not done anything before and the Roll Call is not extremely active. I don't want to set something up and then have a disappointing showing.:( However, we have wonderful QUALITY within our group!:D

We ate at Lazy J's on lobster night and they did not mention the whole lobster, just the lobster/scallop encrusted prime rib. So I would definitely book Jefferson' Bistro for that night (Wednesday).

If you want an "official" meet and greet you do need to contact the group coordinator before you sail. The email is groupeventamerica@ncl.com. Our roll call wasn't active either, but I think twenty of us showed up which actually surprised me.

If you're worried about the size of your group you can always write and see what they think. IMO, if they know you're group is small ahead of time there's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's when people say 50 people are going to attend and only 5 show that it gets a bit :o.

:)

We ate at Lazy J's on lobster night and they did not mention the whole lobster, just the lobster/scallop encrusted prime rib. So I would definitely book Jefferson' Bistro for that night (Wednesday).

If you want an "official" meet and greet you do need to contact the group coordinator before you sail. The email is groupeventamerica@ncl.com. Our roll call wasn't active either, but I think twenty of us showed up which actually surprised me.

If you're worried about the size of your group you can always write and see what they think. IMO, if they know you're group is small ahead of time there's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's when people say 50 people are going to attend and only 5 show that it gets a bit :o.

:)

Thank you. I will let my travel companions know about Jefferson Bistro and contact NCL at the address you gave me.:)

Are you all packed? What time do you leave tomorrow? Are you psyched or what?

Yep-all packed. Leave home about 9 am tomorrow but have a wait in seattle before we leave there so won't be in LA till about 6ish. Naturally psyched (and not just 'because' it'll be nice to go somewhere warm-it's been way cool here this spring)

thanks again for the review-take care

Wow! What a great review. I am still not done reading through it. Every now and then the website stops and says it isn't available.

I just returned from a week aboard the Epic and I am in the midst of my own "epic review" I can't figure out how to upload pictures though.

It is reviewers like you that helped us make the choice to cruise and want to try my own hand at writing an inspirational review.

I went to Maui about 10 years ago and you brought back terrific memories of snorkeling and mt haleakela (sp?). We took the helicopter tour and drove Hana and toured the rain forest. What memories.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to be able to finish reading it.

Great Review... I was wondering if there was a time that you had to be back on board the ship on the night you spent in port or if you could come and go as you please... Thanks in advance...

Great Review... I was wondering if there was a time that you had to be back on board the ship on the night you spent in port or if you could come and go as you please... Thanks in advance...

You can come and go as you please. One of the things that's great about being docked overnight.

I am in the earliest planning for my 2012 cruise. I am thinking about taking the POA. I am starting to read this thread. I'm sure I will have questions along the way. As you can tell by my signature I have sailed NCL before

Archived