Excursions

LSUTigerFNP

My husband and I are booked for the Dream in June. This is our first cruise and we are very excited!! I have been reading the threads and I feel so overwhelmed by it all. We have decided to do an excursion in the St Maarten Port---the rhino riders---anyone ever done this excursion?

I have so many questions and so little time....

1. I have cocktail dresses for the formal nights. What is appropriate for the other dinners? I was thinking slacks or nice capris with nice sandals and a cute top or even a sundress. Is this appropriate? Jeans okay for my husband as long as they are nice and not torn or worn out?

2. How much luggage is TOO much?

3. For the at sea days, do most people just wear sundresses or capris/tops?

4. Would you recommend parking at the pier or parking at a hotel and being shuttled over?

5. What is the one piece advice you would give to first-time cruisers?

6. What else do I need to know that I might not think about?

1. Your wardrobe will be fine.

2. One med/large suitcase and one carryon. Anything else won't be worn.

3. Sea days...Your bathing suit with a coverup. whatever is comfortable.

4. If you are driving and staying near the port, certainly park at the hotel and be shuttled over. Otherwise, it is $15/day to park at the pier.

5. Relax, it's a vacation. It's not a one-time thing.

6. Don't pack your boarding documents in your checked baggage.

EM

My husband and I are booked for the Dream in June. This is our first cruise and we are very excited!! I have been reading the threads and I feel so overwhelmed by it all. We have decided to do an excursion in the St Maarten Port---the rhino riders---anyone ever done this excursion?

I have so many questions and so little time....

1. I have cocktail dresses for the formal nights. What is appropriate for the other dinners? I was thinking slacks or nice capris with nice sandals and a cute top or even a sundress. Is this appropriate? Jeans okay for my husband as long as they are nice and not torn or worn out?

2. How much luggage is TOO much?

3. For the at sea days, do most people just wear sundresses or capris/tops?

4. Would you recommend parking at the pier or parking at a hotel and being shuttled over?

5. What is the one piece advice you would give to first-time cruisers?

6. What else do I need to know that I might not think about?

I can't help with the excursion but I can offer what I've observed in regard to your other questions...

1) I think you're fine with everything here. You might want to pack a pair or khakis for you husband as an alternative to the jeans.

2) It's SO easy to over pack. You'll be amazed at how little you really need for a week long cruise. Most folks agree that if you look at what you've got packed and reduce it by half you're about there...

3) Most guys wear short, t-shirts and some variety of flip flops or sandals. The ladies often wear a bathing suit with a cover up or short and t-shirts... sea days are very informal.

4) Parking... if it saves you money, do it. Parking at the cruise terminal is normally VERY expensive. If you can snag free parking at a hotel do it.

5) My piece of advice... don't try to do everything... a cruise is not a marathon and there's no prizes for coming in firsts. Take the time to truly relax... sing like no one is listening... dance like no one can see you. You are almost completely devoid of responsibility for the entire week... all you need do is wake up, eat, show up for diner and sleep. This is your chance to be a kid again. Remember the kid that you were? The one with the huge smile... the one who saw the wonder in everything? Well, she's still there and she wants to meet you on board...

Have a brilliant time.

:)

Archived