Packing List for CARRY-ON

kmflutist

I have seen a lot of threads about what to pack, in general, but what, specifically should one pack in their carry-on? This is what I have so far:

Medication

bathing suit/coverup

passport

boarding pass/documents

wine

soda

sun screen

wallet/credit card/cash

Am I missing anything?

Thank you in advance for the help! :)

I think this list pretty much sums it up! Some people will always have other things they want in their carry-on, but this is really what we carry (minus the sodas & wine).

We also carry any our electronic items....camera, MP3 players, etc.

I'd add to the list the following:

Hair dryer (hair dryer on board is horrible!)

Flat iron (I pay good money to have my hair straightened and this is a MUST!)

iPad and adapter

Cell phone adapter

Camera and plugs

mini surge protector

Makeup/skin care stuff

toiletries

Laptop/Netbook and adapter (for journaling and daily offloading of photos)

As soon as the Muster Drill is over, our phones immediately go to airplane mode, and stay there for the duration of the cruise. We do use them for taking photos and listening to music from time to time.

Hope this helps!

That's basically it (aside for your electronics). If you have any other valuables or something that you can't afford to lose or get damaged I would definitely keep it with you. Like I wear contacts so I always keep my spare pairs, case, and cleaning solution with me.

I also am a little picky about toiletries, so do bring some travel size things with me and at least an extra shirt just in case my bags don't arrive before I want to freshen up a little before dinner.

I have seen a lot of threads about what to pack, in general, but what, specifically should one pack in their carry-on? This is what I have so far:

Medication

bathing suit/coverup

passport

boarding pass/documents

wine

soda

sun screen

wallet/credit card/cash

Am I missing anything?

Thank you in advance for the help! :)

I pack my carry on as if my checked bag is never going to show up. Meaning, all the essentials like makeup and meds, a bathing suit, hat, all my underwear, 1 formal outfit and shoes, 3 casual outfits. That way, heaven forbid, if my bag never showed up I could get by for 12 days with laundry service.

It's never happened to me (knock on wood) but it happened to two couples on my last cruise. One woman and her daughter wore the same outfit for 12 days. The husband and wife finally got their bags at the 3rd port. They had not gotten their bag in Rome after a connection in Madrid and the bag followed us port to port until it caught up.

I always put an extra pair of undies, socks and a top in mine just in case our luggage is lost from the plane, or doesn't come to our room on the ship before we want to go to dinner.

Cell phone and the charger.

A small packet of Clorox wipes-- This way I can wipe the cabin clean before the luggage arrives. OCD-yes- but worth it.

A few packets of Crystal Light.

Wine and pop.

Documents and Passports.

Sunglassses, paperback book, pen and post-it-notes.

My jewelry and other valuables.

Cell phone and the charger.

A small packet of Clorox wipes-- This way I can wipe the cabin clean before the luggage arrives. OCD-yes- but worth it.

A few packets of Crystal Light.

Wine and pop.

Documents and Passports.

Sunglassses, paperback book, pen and post-it-notes.

My jewelry and other valuables.

Seriously?

Put a full change of clothes!!!! Airlines sent our luggage to another designation one time we had no clothing except for what we were wearing. Winter clothes in the Caribbean is no fun :) CC was awesome thought they gave us a $200 credit to the gift shop so we could buy some T-shirts and shorts. Our bags showed up 2 days later. Needless to say Live and Learn!

Corkscrew to open the wine and the stoppers (in case there's a problem with the cork). I usually bring the full size one, although I also generally drive to the port so that makes a difference.

Your room steward will gladly provide you with a corkscrew.

Mine includes:

A folding portfolio thing (plastic accordian style - available at Target for a few dollars - I put ALL our cruise documents, passports, traveling cash, confirmation of payment for shore excursions, my waitlist dining clearance etc. That way all the documents I need are in one folder. The cash goes in the safe as soon as we get to the room.

Makeup - especially in the summer. I don't want stuff to melt if it ends up sitting in the sun for a little while.

Camera

My Kindle

Wallet

Wine (if we take it)

Sodas (hubby carries these on)

Jewelry (I don't want anything to break or get lost when the bags are being shuffled from the port to the boat)

Jacket (never know how cold the ship might be in the lounges, etc)

But that's about it!

didn't think about adding the wine!

but basically the same things everyone else has said (the carryon is a backpack this trip)....change of clothes (including some soft socks and an eye mask), basic first aid stuff (ibuprofen, bonine, sudafed, neosporin, bandaids, sunscreen), a book, deck of cards, small note pad and pens, jewelry, camera, cell phone, a couple of packs of cheese crackers and fruit snacks (ever been stuck in an airport late at night?). i have a separate purse that has my passport, wallet and quart size bag (liquids) that fits in my carryon after i am thru checkin and security. will stop between planes and get a couple of bottles of water and maybe some chocolate for the eight hour flight.

will carry a sweater over my arm.

have a great trip!

Beverly

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. Don't know exactly waht part of my list you were referring to but I'm guessing it was the Clorox wipes as everything else in my carry-on is quite the norm. I am a HHC nurse and can tell you that wiping down the remote control, door knobs and light switches are a good way to avoid any germs that others may have left behind. So, I'll take my happy little pack of Clorox wipes and go-at-it. Seriously.

Archived