Which Beach? Hell, too?

SocrRiss18

Will be in GC next week. Not interested in the sting rays or anything, just looking to go to the beach ad maybe to hell.

I see the top beaches seem to be the Royal Palms (more expensive) and Tiki. I know the cruise line goes to Tiki for $30-40 round trip with a drink I believe, but was wondering if it was worth doing this or if we should get a cab on our own? Any tips, comments, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Royal Palms is a bar and restaurant, they charge to rent the lounge chairs and use of their pool. The sand is free. Tiki is also a bar on the beach.

Technically, there's no charge for the pool at Royal Palms...you just have to make a certain minimum purchase of food/drinks. :D

Tiki Beach seems to be one of the more common ship excursion stops, and that's enough to make me avoid it. :eek: Why pay extra to be more crowded?

Any ship beach excursion is going to cost more than a DYI trip to the beach, just for the simplicity of not having to plan anything. You can save a lot, though, by going to Royal Palms or Sea Grape by taxi ($4-6 pp each way) or public bus ($2.50 pp each way) and then just throwing a towel down on the sand (free). Your only other costs are whatever food, drinks, watersports, etc. you choose to purchase.

Archived