Wine and Drink of Day

UMBeachRebel

My GF and I will be sailing on the Triumph on May 7th, and I have 2 questions. This is my first cruise on Carnival and her 2nd.

First, how strict is Carnival on the Wine restrictions that you are allowed to carry on. My gf has already purchased a big bottle of wine. It is one of the double bottles, will we be able to bring that on board? Can we bring 2 that size, or will it count as both of the bottles we are allowed to bring on. Also, what about a box of wine, would we be allowed to bring 1 box instead of the 2 bottles that we are allowed?

Second, I have seen mention of the "drink of the day". Are these specific drinks cheaper that day? I have seen the drink menus and prices, however I have a questions. There is a price for a vodka drink and a price for tonic. If my drink of choice is Vodka Tonic, will I be charged individually for both, or is the mixer free when you buy the alcohol.

I guess that was more than 2 questions, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Drew

Probably will not be allowed.

FAQs state one 750 ml bottle per adult over 21.

Several people tried to bring on a box 1.5 liters for two people and it was confiscated, even though the total amount was in line.

I find the drink of the day to be more than a regular mixed drink. The specials are like mims and biminis in the morning, or port specials as the ship leaves a port.

I think the DODs are high, but Im not big on frozen drinks.

People used to push and put one bottle each in their carry on and one in their checked luggage. So Carnival got strict and now makes you carry on ALL beverages. Its not like they wouldnt see it when you carry it on.

There is a whole long thread on if someone could bring a 1.5 ml box of wine somewhere.

My GF and I will be sailing on the Triumph on May 7th, and I have 2 questions. This is my first cruise on Carnival and her 2nd.

First, how strict is Carnival on the Wine restrictions that you are allowed to carry on. My gf has already purchased a big bottle of wine. It is one of the double bottles, will we be able to bring that on board? Can we bring 2 that size, or will it count as both of the bottles we are allowed to bring on. Also, what about a box of wine, would we be allowed to bring 1 box instead of the 2 bottles that we are allowed?

Second, I have seen mention of the "drink of the day". Are these specific drinks cheaper that day? I have seen the drink menus and prices, however I have a questions. There is a price for a vodka drink and a price for tonic. If my drink of choice is Vodka Tonic, will I be charged individually for both, or is the mixer free when you buy the alcohol.

Thanks,

Drew

If you order a vodka tonic you will be charged for that drink (one)

They have drink specials which will be listed in the "fun times"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of putting boxed wine (without the box) in my luggage and thought, well if they find it and take it, no biggie. They'll just toss it. Then I read this on Royal Caribbean:

"Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

Man! I don't want to gamble a couple grand and my vacation on a box of wine. :eek:

Would they really not allow me to embark and keep my money?

Cruising Royal Caribbean.

This is my first cruise and just wondering.

Not really worth the effort or the cost if they decide to make and example of you for others......

I never say never, but I think one Royal cruise was enough for me... paid big bucks for a balcony that unusable because of sewer odor, cabin had loose carpet and very worn out cabinetry, A/C did not work properly, food was marginal at best - well we did have one pretty good meal - and the enrichment lecture was where you went if you needed to take a nap.....

How to make a "Bin Laden"? 2 shots and a splash!

No, no, the actual recipe is two wars, two country invasions, 11 years, untold blood and treasure, then two shots and a splash.\

I carried a box of wine instead of 2 bottles on my last Carnival cruise, but that was 3 years ago I think, the rules have changed a lot since then. This year I plan on one 75ml bottle per adult just to be safe.

We don't drink that much, so I'm beginning to think a bottle from BV would be a waste. I'm thinking maybe the two bottles of wine, some drink tickets for me and some oil cans for DH should do it.

So my question is, the drink tickets go to your room correct, which you can't access until later in the day. When is that welcome aboard DOD - right when you get onboard or after you have access to your cabin (and your tickets). Thanks

Thanks,

Drew

It is much better to be safe than sorry. Haven't read about anyone recently bringing any 1.5 liters of wine in their carry on luggage. I suggest that you each bring one 750 ml bottle.

Anything other than the 750 ml bottles in your carry on luggage will most likely be confiscated.

They even inspected that my 750 ml bottle of wine was not re-corked as well as looking at all 12 bottles of soda I brought along to make sure it was really soda.

The price of the vodka includes the mixer.

I remember the drink specials being slightly cheaper the day of but it seemed to be the regular price this past cruise on the Dream. That said I have found the trick is to make sure to order the drink of the day in a regular glass and not the special drink of the day souviner (sorry spelling) glass. Carnival lets you keep that glass but they charge more for it.

We don't drink that much, so I'm beginning to think a bottle from BV would be a waste. I'm thinking maybe the two bottles of wine, some drink tickets for me and some oil cans for DH should do it.

So my question is, the drink tickets go to your room correct, which you can't access until later in the day. When is that welcome aboard DOD - right when you get onboard or after you have access to your cabin (and your tickets). Thanks

Actually the drink tickets are typcially delivered the FIRST evening to your dinner table....so you may not have them for sailaway or until later - plan accordingly! :D:D

They do have daily drink specials, martini tastings etc - check the fun times each day!

I did read here that if you go to the dining room when it opens and tell them your not sure if you will be making dinner that evening that they will give you your drink coupons. I don't have first hand experience on that but will be trying it in October when I sail on the Imagination.

I did read here that if you go to the dining room when it opens and tell them your not sure if you will be making dinner that evening that they will give you your drink coupons. I don't have first hand experience on that but will be trying it in October when I sail on the Imagination.

Wow, if someone can confirm this that would be great.....

Archived