Sky specialty restaurants question - kids allowed?

crusinmom

I have searched for this information but cannot find it. I am assuming that Children are not allowed in the Specialty Dining restaurants, but I cannot find anywhere where is says this. Can anyone confirm if all the specialty restaurants are Adult Only on the Norwegian Sky? Or can we go as a family?

I don't think any specialty restaurants on any NCL ship are adults only. Why would they be? Of course, the kids may not *want* to go to Cagney's with their parents...or the parents may want a nice "adult" meal on their own with the kids left to run wild through the buffet...but that's another matter.

I have searched for this information but cannot find it. I am assuming that Children are not allowed in the Specialty Dining restaurants, but I cannot find anywhere where is says this. Can anyone confirm if all the specialty restaurants are Adult Only on the Norwegian Sky? Or can we go as a family?

How old are your kids and do they have "good restaurant manners"?

DON

Haven't been on the Sky, but on the GEM we brought, at the time, my 2 1/2 year old to Cagney's without any fuss. They brought her her kids meal and all. Couldn't have been nicer to her.

The only time we were not allowed to bring them to a specialty restaurant was on RC Explorer of the Seas Italian restaurant. But that's a discussion for another board

Kids are most certainly welcome on the Sky and any other NCL ship. My son's favorite is Le Bistro. It is very hard to come home after a NCL cruise and my son's request for dinner is the Filet Mignon with Green Peppercorn Sauce (one the side). He also loves their potatoes. Second favorite is Teppanaki followed by La Cucina, then Cagneys. Children under 6 are free at any time; ages 6 to 12 are half off the cover charge UNLESS they decide to eat from the kids menu. Questions? Just ask.

I am surprised you could not find anything on this topic (look to the right on the search function)..there are a lot of opinions on this topic and it has been discussed (I wasnt great at navigating this board in the beginning, but I think after 5 years I finally have it figured out!)

A recap of what I have seen: Some people feel it is fine (I agree), most of those believe that the child has to be old enough to sit for two hours and respect that it is also a quieter venue and not disturb folks who have spent extra to NOT be in the main dining room (I also agree). Others feel it is completely inappropriate and that the specialty restaurants are not places for children ( I obviously do not agree...).

In any case NCL does not prohibit it, but you should, and I am sure will, exercise discretion. Others have spent money too, and the experience is unforgettable! I personally have not brought my children simply because there are 4 of them and I don't want the added expense when they are happier at the buffet with their friends. I may bite the bullet and do it on our upcoming trip since it is both a sweet 16 and a high school graduation.

Good luck with your decision!!!

Yes you can bring your kids to the specialty restaurants! We have seen many kids dining with their parents and we have yet to see any kids that caused problems. Our DS went with us to Cagneys and Le Bistro when he was 12 and LeBistro was his favorite place on board. Happy sailing!

Archived