Is it just me or?

I too have sat at shows that have been spoiled by the backing music being too loud and overpowering the singer. its not the loud band as such - its the balance between the band and the singer that is out of whack. If you cant hear the singer then something is wrong - and this is nothing to do with the persons age.

I too hate surround sound on hubby's tv, guns and explosions in action films screaming all around me etc - maybe it is an age or a woman thing? I am 42? should I step away from the speakers??

No, it is NOT just you! I agree.....movie theaters, ship shows, etc. are ALL too loud! I usually end up with my fingers in my ears at one point or another. I went to a Broadway show this past Saturday and was nearly blasted out of my seat.

Well now, from reading some of the other posts I would say that this does not seem to be the case.

Yes, perhaps you are right. I guess I misspoke my point. I should have said that in all of the cruises we've been on, I've never heard of anyone complaining that the music was too loud. I will spend a half hour in the naughty room, please forgive me.

Yes, perhaps you are right. I guess I misspoke my point. I should have said that in all of the cruises we've been on, I've never heard of anyone complaining that the music was too loud. I will spend a half hour in the naughty room, please forgive me.

That is only for people who get caught smuggling alcohol, irons, knives, and a whole lot of other stuff that RCI doesn't want brought onto their ships.;)

No, it is NOT just you! I agree.....movie theaters, ship shows, etc. are ALL too loud! I usually end up with my fingers in my ears at one point or another. I went to a Broadway show this past Saturday and was nearly blasted out of my seat.

My DH and I both agree with you, the music is just too loud! We have a deaf son (from meningitis) and I can tell you, I would not wish that on anyone, but remember, hearing can be damaged by loud noises as well as illness. If you have ringing in the ears after exposure to loud noises, music, etc., that indicates damage. Occ. we have had to resort to sign language just to converse in the shows!

Just returned from our first cruise on the Serenade last week and yes the sound was too loud! My DD(13) and I were putting our fingers in our ears so that we could try to enjoy the shows. We were sitting two rows from the back of the theater. We have been on cruises on other lines and have never had this problem in the past.

UMTerp

Does everyone else suffer from the loud music in the theaters? When we attend the shows on cruises the band always seems to be louder than the performers. I have to put ear plugs in my ears just to be able to understand the singers and performers. Is it just me?

mprcruiser

Most radio and music industry people use earplugs when attending concerts to protect their ears and to improve the overall sound, so you are definitely not alone. While the shows on board don't typically leave one with the ear-ringing afterwards, it very well can have some negative effects on one's hearing.

Hey mprcruiser -- good to see you over here. :D How are things going with the Equinox roll-call? I miss you guys!

As to extreme volume in the theaters, ice rinks, lounges, etc. -- I have not personally experienced any problems. However, by the end of our recent Liberty of the Seas cruise, I would have happily throttled the entire Cruise Director Staff with their own microphone cords!!! :eek:;) Every one of them seemed to have the same modus operandi -- crank the volume up full blast, and proceed to yell into the microphone. Indoors, outside -- it didn't matter -- you could always hear them at the other end of the ship! :mad:

The final straw was the last formal night in the MDR -- the kids' pirate parade through the dining room. Now, this is normally a melt-your-heart cute event, even you don't have kids. But not on this cruise. The kiddie cruise director cranked the volume up to maximum and proceeded to screech (sing??) through the whole thing -- and it went on for at least 10 minutes. None of us at the table could hear our dinner companions -- because we all had our fingers in our ears! :eek:

wwcruisers,

Good to find you. The roll call is slow-in fact we only have 19 or 20 signed up for the Connections party. A couple of us keep trying to post to keep it on the front page but sometimes it goes to the second one. I am so sorry you had to cancel.

mprcruiser

Archived