Special off-the-menu dishes

So many decisions to make...So many choices....Just a really tough life...Oh well, there is always Tanqueray and Tonic in the Observation lounge pre-diner to help with all of these problems....And still it is another 26 days until we board in Venice..Got my luggage pick up with Luggage Free arrainged (Wed. 11-2)..Air is set..Dining reservations made..What else?..Oh, now I remember, USC Vs. Notre Dame next Saturday night!....Tough game for sure...Come on 11-10-2011.....:cool:

So many decisions to make...So many choices....Just a really tough life...Oh well, there is always Tanqueray and Tonic in the Observation lounge pre-diner to help with all of these problems....And still it is another 26 days until we board in Venice..Got my luggage pick up with Luggage Free arrainged (Wed. 11-2)..Air is set..Dining reservations made..What else?..Oh, now I remember, USC Vs. Notre Dame next Saturday night!....Tough game for sure...Come on 11-10-2011.....:cool:

Hope some of you will post from your cruise. We haven't heard from the Mariner in a long time (plus, we were booked on that cruise so I'm particularly interested).

• 3 weeks later...
We leave on the Mariner on Nov 10. This is our first Regent cruise and I don't want to miss any of the specialties - either on the menu or by request. Any last recommendations for food not to miss?

Thanks everyone!

The last thing you need to do on a Regent cruise is angst about missing some food specialty, believe me. There are so many good things, you can't try them all, or they've have to carry a stomach pump! :o

I like the Dover Sole in Prime 7. I remember my seat mates having some really great beef of some kind there too, but it all runs together in my mind after a while.

I'm thinking there will be something memorable on just about any dinner menu that you see. I'm not a big one for special orders, although we had a memorable Indian lunch for about 8 people once, organized by our friends' butler.

Archived