Thinking About Trying NCL

GTO-Girl

Is it true they now have a ship sailing out of Port Canaveral?

If so can someone please give me a comparison on this ship say versus Carnival Dream or RCI Freedom of the Seas which sails from there?

Thanks a bunch.......:D

The SUN has been sailing from Port Canavaral since October. I am sorry I can't compare it with the other ships you've listed. The SUN is a nice ship, but has NO climbing wall, bowling, or water slides. There are pools and a children's pool but nothing spectacular.

The SUN was built in 2000/2001 and has a great 'vibe' but it isn't full of the new bells and whistles. She'll be leaving soon to be repo'd back to Europe for the Baltics this summer and I have heard that she won't be sailing from Port Canavaral after her return in the Fall.

Royal Caribean's Freedom of the Seas is a far better ship than NCL's Sun with much more to do for children and families.

I've cruised Royal and NCL and am sticking with Royal because the quality, service, food and activities are much better.

I think the "freestyle" cruising on NCL is a joke because the cruise line is really pushing passengers to spend money in the specialty restaurants rather than enjoy the "free" food in the Main Dining Room.

I felt nickel and dimed on NCL and it was an inferior experience to Royal Caribean, at least for our family.

Royal Caribean's Freedom of the Seas is a far better ship than NCL's Sun with much more to do for children and families.

I've cruised Royal and NCL and am sticking with Royal because the quality, service, food and activities are much better.

I think the "freestyle" cruising on NCL is a joke because the cruise line is really pushing passengers to spend money in the specialty restaurants rather than enjoy the "free" food in the Main Dining Room.

I felt nickel and dimed on NCL and it was an inferior experience to Royal Caribean, at least for our family.

I have over 25 cruises on a variety of lines including 4 on RCI.

Exactly how does NCL "nickel and dime" you any more than RCI or any other mainstream cruise line for that matter? :confused:

This isn't an everyone loves NCL forum but dohertm1 you are showing your true colors. I am sure that no line is as bad as you say NCL is.

Regarding the line pushing passengers to spend money in the specialty restaurants. What pushing? How?

If you are going to say something like this

then gives us the facts and details not blanket/empty statements.

What is your purpose to come on this forum and trash NCL. Do you work for RCI?:cool:

Archived