Price Increase

cpgrneyes

Since the rebranding last spring, I have not seen any movement in prices. Checking today, however, I see that our September cruise has increased $200 pp for our veranda cabin.

I wonder if this is an across the board increase or just particular sailings?

Since the rebranding last spring, I have not seen any movement in prices. Checking today, however, I see that our September cruise has increased $200 pp for our veranda cabin.

I wonder if this is an across the board increase or just particular sailings?

The October and November Quest cruises have had price decreases. Both have canceled Egypt.

Note that the November cruises have totally new itineraries in the Northern Med where the weather should be a bit cooler.

Our cruise appears to be over 75% booked with five months to go, so Azamara may be tweaking those rates. I was surprised to see a change.

Not surprised there have been decreases for sailings this fall impacted by the political unrest.

I found it interesting that the prices remained the same on the Quest Dubai to Athens cruise that "departed" (overnight in Dubai) this past Sunday April 24. However, it appears that deals were made behind the scenes (I guess through outside TA's) that were never posted publicly.

Someone on the roll call from the US posted that they paid the listed rate but received FREE air, pre-cruise hotel and all transfers. The starting rate for a Veranda was $2,500.00 per person which never changed for over a year for this 12 night cruise. Azamara was trying to get rid of cruise air as no deviations were allowed but the person from CC on the cruise who posted was really lucky as the cruise air turned out to be a direct non-stop on Emirates. We had originally been on the cruise and would have liked Emirates from JFK but the prices were over $5K per person for coach...

Also, I know this promo was real because we went to pay for insurance for another cruise the other day and our insurer told me he has two relatives on Quest now who just booked 3 weeks ago and got the great deal with the free air and transfers and hotel. He said their total costs each was $3,500.00. I did not ask what type of cabin they booked. I do not know where one finds these deals if they are not on the Azamara website.

My Jan 2012 cruise went up $500 per person in the veranda ( approx) but the outsides remained the same.

Is this on the Azamara website for the exact category of balcony you had booked, or did you just look on a website that lists cabin categories and their prices? Sometimes lower level balconies have sold out, and only the next category available shows up so that it appears that prices have gone up, when in fact the lower priced balconies are simply no longer available.

Archived