For the FUN Day At Sea, what does YOUR daily schedule look like? :D

6 of us

I head to the Gym first thing at about 7am. Then back to the cabin for a shower and coffee. Breakfast in the buffet is next followed by finding a spot in the Serenity area if possible. I love to just sit in my chair in the sun and read. Sometimes I go to some of the activities listed in the Funtimes. Lunch in the buffet, then maybe a nap. Tea is at 3:30, a very relaxing time. We usually have early seating for dinner. After that we just wander around the ship for a while. I have been on 18 cruises and that means a lot of sea days. I never get bored.

I get up about 630 am

Gather up essentials-sun block, tanning lotion, hat, paperback book (old school),fanny pack.Now I prepared

I go down near pool deposit All my stuff on 8 chairs

Then I go back to bed

Lol. Sorry I could resist

shower/get ready for the day

breakfast in MDR

wander around & people watch

bingo, quiz/trivia, play cards

lunch in MDR

bingo, quiz, play cards,

wander around, drink ;) people watch

get ready/dress for dinner

show/comedy club

I've only been on 2 cruises & I don't remember Afternoon Tea :confused: I'll definately be keeping my eyes open for that. We read the daily happenings the night before and decide if there is anything we want to do.

shower/get ready for the day

breakfast in MDR

wander around & people watch

bingo, quiz/trivia, play cards

lunch in MDR

bingo, quiz, play cards,

wander around, drink ;) people watch

get ready/dress for dinner

show/comedy club

I've only been on 2 cruises & I don't remember Afternoon Tea :confused: I'll definately be keeping my eyes open for that. We read the daily happenings the night before and decide if there is anything we want to do.

Its at 3pm, usually in the piano bar. Its listed under the breakfast & lunch hours on the capers:p.

Wake up super early to do laundry (ok, ok... I know... its Vacation! But traveling with three kids... gotta do what you gotta do!)

Breakfast on the Lido (Omelets!)

Trivia at one point

Slot Tournament

But, most important, is I find a quiet place, usually in a lounge, or the promenade deck.. and bury myself with my Kindle.... and enjoy the peace!

Lunch is either the MDR or the Lido Deck. Love the Mongolian Steak Salad, so I make sure I go to MDR the first sea day.

More reading, browsing the shops, napping.

Teatime

and before you know it.. we are getting ready for dinner!

(That is just ME! Hubby and Kids have a different agenda.. that is why we love crusing!)

Catrin

I always check the Fun Times the night before to see what is going on the next day and highlight what we may want to do. Sleep in, room service, balcony relaxing! I take some time to walk around the ship in the morning and enjoy a little bit of quiet ship time.

If there's Afternoon Tea, I will do that - it is usually in one of the MDRs! I will also look for any craft opportunities. We also check out at least one bingo while on the ship. Definitely some pool time - usually at the Aft pool - the Lido pool is always so crazy busy!

Most of all - just relaxing, having fun - oh - and Drinks of the Day! woohoo! We're Cruisin, Baby!!

This is my 4th cruise, the boats I have been on are similar. I love love love it, but was curious what everyones' daily itinerary looks like during a fun day at sea. I am not the type to sit still for too long, I want to make sure I am not missing something since I am still a fairly new cruiser :D.

So.. what do YOU do all day ? :D

----

We usually look at the "Carnival Fun Times" and circle the things we are most interested in doing. We love trivia and participating in all the games and dance type events. We like to stay somewhat active to try and burn some of the excessive calories we consume. lol :-)

Mostly, FDAS are very relaxed days for us. The port days are the most active in our group.

If I have not had too much sun fromt the previous day's excursion (I am a redhead), I will enjoy some time by the pool. Like others, I check the Funtimes schedule and hilight interests. Since the gym is usually packed, I will walk around the ship or the track. I want to try the tea time this trip. I would also like to try breakfast or even lunch in the dining room. Are the breakfast and lunch menus posted on the tv like the dinners used to be?

I LOVE this thread!! We have been on one cruise and our ONE sea day was spent in about 3 of those LOOOONNNNGGGG shopping/future cruise/etc talks.....before I knew it it was time for dinner and the day was over!! NEVER AGAIN going to those speakers!! I will be taking some of everyones suggestions and ENJOY the 2 sea days on our next cruise!

Get up early, like 8. Put on swimsuit and coverup, head up to find deck chairs. Grab breakfast from the buffet and enjoy it at our deck chairs. One of us runs the kids to Camp. Rest of the morning spent soaking up the sun and reading, listening to iPod. Pick kids up from Camp, have lunch. Return kids to Camp, snooze in sun on deck chairs. Take occasional dip in the pool to cool off. Pick kids up from Camp. Get ready for dinner and eat dinner. L-A-Z-Y.

I always pack Polo shirts with a breast pocket where I keep a small note book. As soon as the Fun Times arrive, I check the schedule of activities and plan the next day. I write them down in the note book and this becomes my plan for the next day. The biggest problem is when there are two activities I really like and they are scheduled for the same time and at opposite ends of the ship. I hate to make those type of decisions. Like when they have Bingo at the same time they have the final slot tournament drawing. I would not make a good general!

Archived