Carnival Liberty April 23rd Eastern with pics

Ruggled

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. It was a really nice cruise and we enjoyed all the ports very much.

Blasian: I guess the raunchy really depends on your taste. There were kids of all ages in the pool..but I have to say toward the end of the day, they did a "dance" contest that required the use of mats on the pool deck and lets just say that the very athletic gal who won it could have been a "pro"....;) It didn't bother me but it might have bothered some people.

As to San Juan, we weren't there after dark. That canopy tour sounds kind of cool...or scary.... :eek:

tazco: The underwater camera we have is a Pentax Optio W80. I actually use it a lot for "above water" pictures too. The pictures of the HMC shore were taken with DH's far more advanced lens and camera body...

Baby Let's Cruise: We actually didn't take any pictures of the inside of the cabin..just the balcony. Its a standard balcony cabin though, with the bed closer to the door and then the couch between the bed and the bathroom. I think that 8450 and 8457 on the Conquest class ships are awesome.

Great Review! The Liberty was awesome! And thanks for the balcony pics. We booked the port side aft-wrap on the Valor for next year. I'll be referring to you review until we sail.

Thanks again!

Dave

Booked Spring Break for next year, April 7th on the Dream...I'm due back in St. Maarten. My jewelry store is wondering if I'm OK..plus I have to stock up on Guavaberry Liquer...the stuff you can buy in St. Thomas doesn't compare.

St. Maartin's is my favorite, as well.....Guavaberry Emporium!! Gauvaberry Coladas:p:D

St. Maartin's is my favorite, as well.....Guavaberry Emporium!! Gauvaberry Coladas:p:D

Oh yeah..they are the best. There is a bar on the waterfront at Great Bay Beach..its a four sided open air bar called the Saint Rose...they have THE BEST Guavaberry Coladas on the island (in my humble opinion).

Only 11 months to wait!

We were getting OFF the Liberty (Western Carribean) as you were getting on....and we have this itinerary booked for March of next year! Thanks for giving us such a cruise to anticipate! I loved the Liberty, and, too, thought she was a beautiful ship.

We had the aft wrap on the Upper deck (6452) and the sisters had 6450....once we opened the partition, we had one HUGE balcony. Plus, the cost of the cruise kept falling, so by the time we boarded, we had a nice OBC. All around, a fabulous cruise.

I can't wait to see Half Moon Cay....the whole reason we booked this itinerary. We have already booked the Oasis!! And, thanks for the warning about getting back.....I think I'll wait with the bartendars :)

I also did the Chef's Table, and it was wonderful, except for one diner. She couldn't/wouldn't eat anything prepared so the remainder of the table had to wait until additional dishes were prepared for her:confused::mad: It was my thought that you could list your allergies/preferences when you booked, but evidently she decided to wait until that night to voice hers. Not nice at all. The food/service were wonderful, but I would not repeat it under the same circumstances.

Thanks for the great review.....helps me to imagine what fun we will have NEXT year!!

Thanks for the fantastic review! We stay at the same hotel in Miami that you stayed in, its where we always stay when in Miami, will be there 2 days before the Liberty. Hope to get the cabana early (and we will be platinum on this cruise) glad to know you dont feel one has to go to the higher cabana, Id like to have the Pink one lol I think we will take your suggestion of hanging around the bar area rather than stand in line for an hour or more to get back on the ship, especially since we have anytime dinner. We will also look for the Bar tender, he sounds like a good one!

I also did the Chef's Table, and it was wonderful, except for one diner. She couldn't/wouldn't eat anything prepared so the remainder of the table had to wait until additional dishes were prepared for her:confused::mad: It was my thought that you could list your allergies/preferences when you booked, but evidently she decided to wait until that night to voice hers. Not nice at all. The food/service were wonderful, but I would not repeat it under the same circumstances.

Thanks for the great review.....helps me to imagine what fun we will have NEXT year!!

Thanks for the comments! I too was surprised by people that attended the Chef's Table that had particular food issues...the staff did a really good job of trying to adjust for it, but it just affected the flow of the process. The Chef was obviously really concerned that they too had a nice meal..I agree with you though..would be nice if they would request in advance.

Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming cruises! If you do see "K"...tell him hello for me..and remember to call Emil and Iluiana "Boris and Natasha" if they are dealing you bad cards. :D

thanks for the review and you have some awesome pictures. We sail the Liberty with the same ports on May 28th...any suggestions for St. Thomas for sightseeing and shopping?

Thanks again!!

Christine

Thanks!

St. Thomas is a neat port. There is lots to do...you can grab an open air taxi and go to the beach (Sapphire is a great snorkeler's beach, Coki Beach is more of a locals beach and has a cool aquarium, and Megan's Bay is the classic Caribbean beach).

As for shopping, St Thomas isn't what it used to be as far as I'm concerned. There are some high end shops right around the port area to the left, and some "lower end" shops across from the port area.

You could also book an excursion like we did with the Fury or another excursion that takes you out to St. John. There is now a Senor Frogs at the end of the docks.

Whatever you do, you'll have a great time.

Thank you so much for posting this review with the pictures! We are going on this same itinerary in September 2012. Forever away, but still exciting!! This is the first cruise for a few folks going with us so the pictures will get them excited!!

Thanks for the review, we are booked on the Liberty 2/2012 with 13 other people, while on the ship we will be celebrating my 50th!!.

We've been on the Liberty Western, so nice to see pics of the Eastern.

• 2 weeks later...

We were thinking about this cruise for next year.

On HMC are food and drinks (water, juice etc) provided for free? Can you bring your own soda and is beer etc the same price as the ship. If we don't go for the cabana what are our other options?

In Grand Turk are there any costs other than what you spend on food/drinks?

• 2 weeks later...

HMC is basically like being on the ship. Your sail and sign works over there too. There is a BBQ that is done for you just like you were on deck at the ship.

If you have a soda card, it works over there, and if you don't, you can order whatever drinks you want with your sail and sign.

If you don't want a cabana, there are plenty of chairs..and some people rent a clamshell.

At Grand Turk, it is free to use the pool or chairs at Margaritaville..you buy your food and drinks just like any other port.

Sorry for those who can't see my pictures. I think I went over my limit on Photobucket...need to see what's up with that!

Archived