Flights booked thru Carnival

cwstar

Carnival has booked my flights. I have not received that info so I do not know what to expect. Will I see my luggage between my flight and the cruise? Will that be transferred for me or will I have to pick it up at the airport baggage carousel and take it to the ship? I am taking the Southbound Alaska cruise.

Have you received your docs yet? If so your info will be in there.

Due to 9/11 you have to identify your baggage on the turnsil but someone from Carnival will be there to take it and put it aboard your bus that will take you to the ship (transfer was included in your air package). You go on the bus (wait for it to fill up) to the ship terminal, get off the bus go in line up to go on board. Your suitcases will be outside your door later. Ensure that you keep all meds and valuables with you including your tickets and passport/ID.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Actually you will have to claim your luggage at the airport and take it yourself to the transfer bus. On arrival at the cruise terminal you will again have to claim your luggage and give it to a porter, who will be expecting a tip of $1 to $2 per bag, who will then put it in bins to be loaded on the ship and be delivered to the hallway outside your cabin.

Below is additional info from Carnival's web site.

Do you have luggage restrictions?

Baggage Limitations - There is no limit set by Carnival Cruise Lines to the amount of luggage brought on board as long as it fits in the guest's stateroom. The airlines do have restrictions and it is up to the guest to check with the airline he/she is flying on.

Embarkation Baggage Procedures -

Three bag tags per guest are mailed with cruise documents for cruises of 7-days or longer; two bag tags per guest are mailed with cruise documents for cruises of 6-days or less. After arriving at the pier, all guests will follow the same procedure with their luggage, whether they arrive by taxi, car, or transfer bus. Guests with a stateroom assignment are given tags that are color-coordinated to the deck assigned and location on that deck (forward or aft). Guests booked on a TBA basis receive gray bag tags; the porter will re-tag these bags with the corresponding tag according to the stateroom assigned. Additional tags can be obtained at curbside from the porter, if necessary.

Each piece of luggage must be locked and have a colored bag tag listing the guest's name, ship and stateroom number.Guests must identify their bags with a curbside porter who will place the bags on the ship; the customary tip for the curbside porter is $1.00 per bag.

NOTE: There is no curbside porter service on 2/3-day Cruises-to-Nowhere.

For security purposes, Carnival limits the size of hand-carry luggage to 11"X 17" which is the dimension of the opening of the X-ray security machine (similar to those at the airport); there is no measurement for length as the hand-carry luggage will lay flat on the conveyer belt. Luggage larger than 11"X 17" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter. Once on the ship, the luggage will be delivered to the guests' stateroom by 7:00pm that night.

Debarkation Baggage Procedures - Guests are advised to place their luggage outside of their stateroom door on the last night of the cruise by 1:00am. All luggage is collected and placed in a holding area on the ship. Upon arrival at the port of debarkation, the luggage is unloaded and separated (by bag tag color) in the baggage claim area of the terminal. The guests must personally locate their luggage and either carry it out or seek the assistance of a porter who will wheel it out of the terminal. The customary tip is $1.00 per bag.

Customs - Each guest is required to complete a customs declaration card prior to debarking the ship. Clearance for customs will take place on board the ship at the home port. When the ship has been cleared by U.S. Customs, guests disembark in an orderly fashion, usually according to the color of their bag tags.

U.S. Customs may request proof of citizenship prior to the guest leaving the baggage claim area. Depending on the number of ships in port that day, the ship usually clears by 9:00am. It is suggested that all return air flights be made for early afternoon, at the earliest.

Baggage Check-In with airlines at debarkation - Effective 9/11/01: For security reasons this service is no longer available.

Okay, just to get this straight . . We have to have our luggage locked? But as we all know, we can't have our luggage locked to fly. I guess we need to grab it between flight and bus to docks and lock it????

I think just getting on the ship will be the most stressful part of the cruise. Thanks to all who answer our first time cruising questions!

Carnival Spirit - 1st Time Cruisers

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;28;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000

You will have to retrieve your orwn luggage from the airport and carry it to the waiting bus shuttle. This is when you lock it and put your cruise luggage tags on.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fondy:

Okay, just to get this straight . . We have to have our luggage locked? But as we all know, we can't have our luggage locked to fly. I guess we need to grab it between flight and bus to docks and lock it????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't have to have it locked to get your bags onboard ship. At least we didn't a month or so ago (we drove down to the port, so we didn't think to lock the bags.

Those little luggage locks aren't really for security anyway, as much as to keep the zippers of your luggage from coming unzipped.

The best thing to do is to use cable ties, avaliable in any hardware store to secure your bags' zippers. Should TSA need to inspect your bag, they can simply cut the tie and not break the zippers. You can also easily carry a few extra in a pocket in case you need to replace the ones on your zippers.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=4>

<param name="day" value=18>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

Carnival Conquest 4/18/04

We use the nylon straps that go around the exterior of the luggage. It works to prevent accidental opening. It helps identify our suitcase. Besides that, the airline can easily open our luggage if they so choose.

We've never locked our luggage - we never put anything in it worth stealing - so I say - go ahead - break in - paw through my dirty underwear. I don't care.

• 1 month later...

I am new at this.......I think I have the embarkation down, but I have transfers from Port of Miami to Ft lauderdale airport, Our flight doesn't leave until 7:00 pm.......What happens to my luggage from the time we get to the airport until our flight home? I would like to spend some time in Ft lauderdale since we have the whole day. I am thinking about taking a cab from the airport to Ft lauderdale....Sure don't want to have to haul luggage all day!....HELP!......Nightingail.

Archived