2 balconies on Legend or 1 Cove on Dream/Magic

cruzin4our10th

For next summer I am looking to book a Western cruise. We are a family of four with 2 DD who will be 12 & 9. I can have connecting balconies on the Legend for $100+ less than one Cove on the Dream or Magic. So is bigger ship with waterworks worth it? We've only sailed Conquest class ships so I'm mildly concerned about doing the Legend. I see great reviews on the Legend but have to wonder why it is sooo much cheaper? I just don't want to be making a big mistake . . .I tend to second guess myself even with all my research and planning.

Tough call! We just got off the Dream with our DDs who are 8 and 11 - my 8-year old pretty much lived at Water Works, and it was great. We had two cove balcony cabins on the Dream, though, and it was awesome! It is the first time we had not stayed all in one cabin, so I'd give the edge to more space and two bathrooms. The itineraries are very similar.

I think the Legend does have a water slide - it is just not as grand as Waterworks, but there will be fewer kids overall trying to be there.

We also had the Dream vs. Legend dilemma - we mainly went with the Dream since it was Saturday-Saturday and it was Easter week - we didn't want to drive home all day Easter Sunday after getting off the Legend. Probably not a big deal for you in the summer, though.

My kids loved the Dream better than the Disney cruise and Holland America, but they are also older now and can enjoy more things than they could a few years ago. I can recommend the Dream, but I'm sure the Legend would be just as fun.

FYI - when we booked, one cove with four people was $3400 while two coves with two people in each was $3800. I'm not sure how your dates compare price-wise, but it was worth the $400 extra to have double the space.

I don't have kids, but I would definately pick the Legend, even if the money was the same. Tampa is easy to get in and out of and the ship is fantastic. The slides aren't as great as the Dream but there are three pools that allow kids. I don't know why the Legend is cheaper, but I am not complaining.

We have sailed on the Legend with two kids. It is a wonderful ship! Yes, there is only one slide, but there is no wait. My kids would only use the slide maybe twice a day. I don't think your kids would be disappointed with the Legend. But, I think they would love the Dream. But it will be crowded! We are booked on the Dream in a few months and my biggest apprehension is over-crowding. I have readd that on busy voyages during school breaks, the line to the waterslide is often a 30-minute wait.

I am frugal, and if I were you... having not sailed on either the Dream or the Legend, I would go with the Legend. Hit the Dream up another year when the prices are lower.

Archived