Rhodes wall walk

JBVols

John

I did not know they had a wall walk :confused:

I know the palace of the grand masters was only open 1 or 2 days a week & we did miss the day

We ended up just wandering through the streets

Lyn

Thanks John

I guess because we missed the day to view the Palace we missed the wall walk information ...apparently you enter near the Palace entrance

Maybe I will get back there someday

We spent a week on Rhodes several years ago, might be time to return ;)

enjoy the trip

Lyn

John

I did not know they had a wall walk :confused:

I know the palace of the grand masters was only open 1 or 2 days a week & we did miss the day

We ended up just wandering through the streets

Lyn

Omigosh, Lyn, I had no idea we were so lucky! We loved our visit there.

I'm wondering when you were there? We were there in October 1999 and as far as I know it was open more days than only 1-2 a week. But I don't think we ever really checked, we just ASSUMED. We hired a taxi for an hour's tour and he dropped us off there.

You did miss a treat, although wandering through the streets isn't so bad either. I remember we walked back to the ship (the R2 in those days).

As to walking the walls, I never heard of that until now. The only walls we've walked, I think, were in Dubrovnik and also in Lisbon up at the top of the hill. I have a problem with heights so I'm generally not happy about walking on walls!

Mura

Omigosh, Lyn, I had no idea we were so lucky! We loved our visit there.

I'm wondering when you were there? We were there in October 1999 and as far as I know it was open more days than only 1-2 a week. But I don't think we ever really checked, we just ASSUMED. We hired a taxi for an hour's tour and he dropped us off there.

Mura

Yes when we were there I think it was closed Wed of course that was the day we went into town ;)

I think it was 1995 we were there we stayed outside of the main town

We rented a car with another couple & toured the island

Wandering old Town you do find some interesting places ..we were going through an alleyway & there was a lady making fresh donuts from her kitchen she was kind enough to sell us a couple for a reasonable price ...good thing we never found her again they were soooo good ;)

Those donuts sound SO GOOD!

Are highlight moment was when we left the Palace and saw three cats sitting on a motorcycle just outside ... we needed a kitty fix at that particular moment ...

I was looking for the photo and then remembered that I didn't have a digital camera back then ... I'll have to see if I can scan it from my photo album ...

Later! Probably much later ...

When I do that maybe I can send you some of my photos from the Palace. I remember some wonderful Roman mosaics ...

Mura

Archived