CruiseCritic slow?

.....clicking the link to a thread, leaving the room to use the facilities, coming back to the room and the page is still not loaded, then yes, it has been slow for me too.

:eek:

wasiii

its the server they are on and the BB code that it uses is very old well 2008 release not good at all one of the issues is this .. the other is most likely limited bandwidth on the server ... a little laymans on the server .. there is only so much bandwidth (connection allowed and at some point it gives out.. the other thing is the code vBulletin 3.7.3 .. look at all the post all this is data like a book the more there is the more pages the code has to read to find your click on a link or thread...

one way to help ... don't post 50 messages about the same thing over and over .. like how many smuggling threads? I see when people ask that just don'e search .. one person should post a link to a main smuggling thread where all the post about it are archived and then the thread locked (its what we had to do on the site I admin )

click links that helps pay the bills is another , then the forum can be hosted on a faster server or in a cloud if it is not already .. it sucks when its slow but its just the way free forums are on the web ... when the database backs up (seems around 12-3 EST ) its real bad .. and thats when I get off work and come to read Grrrrr

This site is just as slow for me during the week as it is on weekends. It's easily the slowest website I visit -- nothing else even comes close. It's gotten to the point where more times than not, I just give up and move on to something else. I have a new computer and it's awesome. I was hoping to get a better experience with Cruise Critic after I upgraded my computer, but nope. :rolleyes:

My desktop is like 2-3 months old, too and it is slow too. Laptop is over 3 years - slow there too.

When did you graduate from UCF? Me - Spring 1986. Hear is is huge now.

--Colleen

It is slow because it's Sunday and a lot of people are reading/posting on these boards more then on a Weekday. The site gets overloaded with people. I notice that it moves quicker on a weekday afternoon when less people are online.

It may move quicker for you during the week but that isn't my experience. This board needs to employ some "real" IT folks to determine the problem and fix it once and for all.

click links that helps pay the bills is another , then the forum can be hosted on a faster server or in a cloud if it is not already .. it sucks when its slow but its just the way free forums are on the web ... when the database backs up (seems around 12-3 EST ) its real bad .. and thats when I get off work and come to read Grrrrr

I kind of doubt the people who advertise on this board are getting free advertising or possibly pay by the number click-throughs. My wife has an on-line magazine and she charges $3000 for a half page ad for her monthly magazine.

I should have mentioned also that people don't need to "Quote" a page full of pictures from a review. That has to slow things down and serves no useful purpose but to eat up bandwidth.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1406285&page=2&highlight=omg

The techs are running an extended query of the database... kinda time consuming. The expectation is that after it's complete we'll have a total fix.

:)

Things should be MUCH better now. Thanks for your patience,

Laura

On 4/29, Mach said the problem was due to the techs running an extended query. Laura later said things should be much better.

But it doesn't appear they are.

Yeah, this is an old version of vBulletin software. They should have upgraded a long time ago.

But actually, I prefer the older versions as compared to the newer versions. The newer ones perform better, but I like the look and feel of the old versions

This afternoon has been the worst since they have had problems. Keep leaving and hoping when I come back it is ok but no luck.

Glad I am not the only one with issues on here.. Yesterday PM it was heck and it still is.. Hope this does post.:rolleyes:

It was awful last night and so far tonight is slightly better. I keep getting database error as well. Last night I gave up on the boards and read reviews instead and didn't have any problems with that, so I think it is only the boards and not the site.

Archived