CruiseCritic slow?

Nope, not just you. These past couple of weeks there have been times where it is extremely slow and takes a few minutes to reply to a thread (while all other websites work fine). But there have been times when it works fine.

So I don't know what is up. Anyone know?

Me too. Svereal times the past three days I had issues opening threads. Often times I get a 'database error'. Although I am savvy with user friendly technology, I am not familiar with the inner workings of technology. So, I don't know if it is cruise critic or my router or just the way the wind blows... :o

I know they did some maintenance work last week. Maybe all is not well yet with cruise critic. It does not deter me from my addiction to the boards though :D

I love hanging out here. I just have to be patient.

I've had a heck of a time tying to read all the posts on the thread about complaining to CCL and getting kicked off. |

I go to bed at night, get up the next morning, and it takes me all day to read the three new pages!!!:eek:

I've got an old computer, and I thought it was just the computer. Glad it's not just me. It has been awful the last few days at least. Almost impossible to read more than the first couple of comments.

Same here - can't even open up threads without taking 1-2 minutes and then if you try to reply - that's another 1-2 minutes. I just get off and do something else or surf on other cruise boards or sites.

Same problem here... :( very disturbing...

These boards have gotten so slow. :( If I want to post, I forget what I wanted to say :confused:

Sure hope it gets fixed! Spend too much time checking out wonderful info on CC, but, how long should it take ???

Happy cruising and readin' everyone:)

It is slow because it's Sunday and a lot of people are reading/posting on these boards more then on a Weekday. The site gets overloaded with people. I notice that it moves quicker on a weekday afternoon when less people are online.

It is slow because it's Sunday and a lot of people are reading/posting on these boards more then on a Weekday. The site gets overloaded with people. I notice that it moves quicker on a weekday afternoon when less people are online.

Not true!!!!!!!!!!!!

I open multiple windows at once to get around the frustration. I scroll through the messages and when I see one I want to read, I right click and select open in new tab instead of just clicking on them.

Been slow for a while now, I don't put much faith in it getting resolved. It was ok for a bit yesterday, then back to taking forever to load pages. Oh well, might be a good time to move on.

Sorry....not true....it is a real problem that I believe they are working on.

This site is just as slow for me during the week as it is on weekends. It's easily the slowest website I visit -- nothing else even comes close. It's gotten to the point where more times than not, I just give up and move on to something else. I have a new computer and it's awesome. I was hoping to get a better experience with Cruise Critic after I upgraded my computer, but nope. :rolleyes:

Archived