cabin 7002 pics

CenShip

Sorry to jump in again with another question.

I have read somewhere on these posts that the only other problem is you might hear some noises when they drop the anchor.

This is true: At tender ports there is not just some but a LOT of noise that you hear in these cabins at the front of the ship, and it happens very early in the morning.

That said, 7002 is a FABULOUS cabin, and I would book it again in a heartbeat! Many thanks to those who posted these pictures!!

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to jump in again with another question.

I have read somewhere on these posts that the only other problem is you might hear some noises when they drop the anchor.

We are looking at the Summit for a Southern Caribbean cruise with a stop every day.

Do you think that cabin 7002/7003 is a good choice for us? Will we hear the anchor every morning early since there a 6 stops in our 7 days cruise?

The last time we were in the front of the Summit on our Canada/New England cruise, I remember we hear some metallic noises and vibrations early at every port. Is that the anchor dropping?

I will love the size of this cabin but we are kind of late risers and this may be a deal breaker for us...

Thanks everyone for their pictures and advices.

The ship does not drop anchor when it is docked.

• 1 year later...
We booked 7003 on Infinity for a 2014 South America cruise from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Just wondering if we should switch to 7002 to be positioned to see more scenery off the starboard side? :confused:

It really will not make much difference. If your up early enough you can watch the ship move into the island/harbor/dock over the bow which is a nice perk for these cabins.

It really will not make much difference. If your up early enough you can watch the ship move into the island/harbor/dock over the bow which is a nice perk for these cabins.

Thanks. I was referring to the scenery all along the way which will be starboard. We did move to the starboard stateroom, but then we decided on a starboard balcony. We are currently booked in one of our favorites, 6030.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 4 months later...
Thanks so much for the great photos & very detailed descriptions CenShip. They are by far the best I have seen anywhere.

I have booked 7002 for a Jan 2013 14-night Asia sailing. We are a family of 3 and I know we will appreciate the extra space.

Thanks for your efforts

Ando

We have also booked 7002 for a 14 day Asia cruise at the end of March. I would love to hear what you thought of your trip and also if you have any advice on any excursions you took. I am particularly interested in some of the extended overnights into Cambodia.

thanks!

• 3 months later...
https://picasaweb.google.com/greglee0/SummitCabin7002?authkey=Gv1sRgCJjI4qT064C-bQ&feat=directlink

This link is to some pics of cabin 7002 on the Summit taken on the April 16 - 23 cruise. There seems to be allot of interest in these cabins on the Milli class ships. It is quite larger than the standard ocean-view's 170 sq. ft listed in the Celebrity descriptions. There is an area I call the entry hall with a narrow wall between it and the main cabin. This contains the entry door, the bathroom and the closets. The main cabin area is very long and slightly tapered due to the curve in the exterior wall. There is a large open area between the bed and the entry hall. The pull-out bed (sleeper) opens to this area at night. Good for a small child or two as a play area during the day. :o

Also see the picture captions.

They are not avalaible.

Dear lv2cook and Lois R;

Could you be so kind to let me know if you feel a lot of motion in these cabins (7002 and 7003) when you get back?

Thanks

We had this cabin last year for Bermuda and booked it again this year. For the most part the cabin was great, but we did feel some motion one night that was a bit rougher. DH was not bothered but DS and myself did feel it and just took a Bonine to be safe.

As I said we booked again for this year so the one night of motion was not enough to make us want to give up the extra space.

I was able to get the link to work just a few min ago, so you might want to try it again. These pics are of the cabin prior to it being re-done. Cabin is still the same as far as size and location of everything but furniture has been updated.

We truly enjoyed having this cabin for our 2 week cruise..the extra space was appreciated for sure, even though there was only 2 of us. It was nice to truly be able to move around the bed without any issue. Plenty of room all the way around and no having to juggle space to get past each other! The cabin was VERY quiet since it is at the end of the hall, which was wonderful! It means you have a bit farther to walk to things, but we enjoy walking and it wasn't an issue in the slightest. We did feel some motion one night due to a storm, but it really didn't bother me and I am very susceptible to that kind of thing.