Worries about air travel?????

neo-cruiser

No terrorist (or terrorist organisation) will ever stop me from travelling anywhere in the world I want to.

Who is old enough to remember the PLO hijackings/bombings...or the Baader-Meinhof hijackings/bombings...or the IRA/INLA bombings/murders...? I remember them all too well.

Baader-Meinhof were the #1 when it came to airliner hijacking & such like in Europe.....but did we stop flying cos of it....hell no!

If you give in to them and stop living your life how you want to, then they win...and I, for one, am not about to stop living just cos of a few idiots who think the world owes them something.

I was a teenager in London when the IRA bomb went off across the road from the store I was in, it killed the bomb disposal guy....did it stop me going to London...NO!

You start curbing your life cos of these morons and you might as well become a hermit....show no fear, live life to its fullest cos chances are it will be old age or illness that gets you in the end and what will you & your family have to look back on....that you travelled the world without fear or that you stayed at home, hiding under the covers?

and this started the pat downs.....?

Whats that got to do with it?

You set a challenge for a list of situations where NON muslims were involved.

but just to indulge your agenda, security in UK airports has been much tighter than it ever was in USA until 9/11.

Whats that got to do with it?

You set a challenge for a list of situations where NON muslims were involved.

but just to indulge your agenda, security in UK airports has been much tighter than it ever was in USA until 9/11.

au contraire. i had to go through 5 security checkpoints in glasgow in '89 after lockerbie. i thought i was watching mr. bean.

au contraire. i had to go through 5 security checkpoints in glasgow in '89 after lockerbie. i thought i was watching mr. bean.

So you are saying that USA airport security was tighter than UK airports, even though you had to go through 5 security checks? Ah yes, that bomb was loaded at an airport in Europe, nothing to do with UK airport security procedures for departing passengers.

Please, tell me when USA airports finally stopped allowing non ticketed passengers access to airside part of the airport? and the mixing of departing and arriving passengers?

So you are saying that USA airport security was tighter than UK airports, even though you had to go through 5 security checks? Ah yes, that bomb was loaded at an airport in Europe, nothing to do with UK airport security procedures for departing passengers.

Please, tell me when USA airports finally stopped allowing non ticketed passengers access to airside part of the airport? and the mixing of departing and arriving passengers?

oh good God. enjoy flying into the sun.

and as the son of a pilot, i've heard more about the underbelly than i'd care to. we no longer fly. "they" are already one step ahead of what we scan for.

oh good God. enjoy flying into the sun.

and as the son of a pilot, i've heard more about the underbelly than i'd care to. we no longer fly. "they" are already one step ahead of what we scan for.

Its your kind of paranoia that gives the terrorist organisations the upper hand.

Spreading that sort of view is highly irresponsible, and the reason why people get unjustifiably upset and worried by travelling outside their own front door.

Paranoia is as bad as complacency...and time has shown that both are equally dangerous, moreso than those who might want to try and do harm.

Can you tell me what a Muslim male extremist looks like?
check the news.
I found these two self-confessed Muslim extremists, both US citizens, at least one of them murderous:

5zimbc.jpg

1zzrl80.jpg

Do you know who they are? If you don't, then go and find out first; then come back to the discussion.

I found these two self-confessed Muslim extremists, both US citizens, at least one of them murderous:

5zimbc.jpg

1zzrl80.jpg

Do you know who they are? If you don't, then go and find out first; then come back to the discussion.

always love the exception to the rule in a debate. i was actually waiting for this to be presented.

go ahead. indulge yourself.
I have no desire to make such lists. They do nothing to help us understand terrorist and plan for future attacks. All they do is build fear and hatred. There's enough of that already in the world.

Are you looking to understand terrorism? Or just trying to justify fear and hatred towards Muslims?

I have no desire to make such lists. They do nothing to help us understand terrorist and plan for future attacks. All they do is build fear and hatred. There's enough of that already in the world.

Are you looking to understand terrorism? Or just trying to justify fear and hatred towards Muslims?

sorry, but muslims have a right to fly free of fear as well.

muslims have a right to fly free of fear as well.
If you want safe air travel, you need to assume everybody is a potential terrorist.

The list you posted earlier wasn't created to promote safe air travel. It was created to promote fear and hatred of Muslims.

If you want safe air travel, you need to assume everybody is a potential terrorist.

The list you posted earlier wasn't created to promote safe air travel. It was created to promote fear and hatred of Muslims.

once that spreads to everyday life, in everyday places you may change your tune. been in a subway lately?

btw, you should put that prognosticator abilty toward good use and profit.

and you have no idea what i am.

you just don't see many media outlets where muslims are saying they understand screening and profiling. it would not fit their agenda.

the good muslims would benefit from the profiling as well.

enjoy giving up your rights and have fun watching your children completely shamed because they are being touched in places none us us should ever be touched.

in the meantime, i no longer fear, and no longer fly. air travel is unneccesary, and can be avoided without interfearing with ones lifestyle.

Is anyone out there in cruisecritic-dome worried about upcoming travel plans now that Osama Bin Laden was killed? just curious...:confused:

I am more worried about Delta changing the flight times again then I am about the flight ending somewhere other than at the airport.

We went on a cruise last year on 9/11. We expected higher security for that day. So we went into it knowing there would be more. I suspect this will be no different. We are sailing again on 9/11 this year. :)

Its your kind of paranoia that gives the terrorist organisations the upper hand.

Spreading that sort of view is highly irresponsible, and the reason why people get unjustifiably upset and worried by travelling outside their own front door.

Paranoia is as bad as complacency...and time has shown that both are equally dangerous, moreso than those who might want to try and do harm.

Well said. What's that old saying? "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." :)

Well said. What's that old saying? "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." :)

i'll ask my friend kurt and his wife if he thought that when he was on the plane with the christmas day bomber, aka, the underwear bomber. :rolleyes:

have fun watching your children completely shamed because they are being touched in places none us us should ever be touched.

in the meantime, i no longer fear, and no longer fly. air travel is unneccesary, and can be avoided without interfearing with ones lifestyle.

1. I've heard this comment several times lately and am left wondering how you would explain a check-up to your child. Surely a physician would be touching your child in places you feel are unacceptable. IMO this arguement isn't valid.

2. Maybe you can get where you need to go without having to fly but I can't. Yes I suppose I can drive to Florida or anywhere else in North America but how would you suggest I get to Europe? By boat??? :rolleyes:

BTW - I recognize the woman in the first photo but not the second.

always love the exception to the rule in a debate.
If you think that they're an exception, you need to learn a bit more about this subject.

Anyway, I'm sure you'd really love a TSA press release that said: "We're really sorry that we let that aircraft get blown up in the sky because the blonde blue-eyed American-born women who carried the bombs didn't fit the profile. We've had it drummed into us that the bombs would be carried by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40, so we didn't really need to pay that much attention to anyone else. We were caught out by the exception to the rule, but hey, it was an exception, OK? Profiling is the way to go, just so that no kids need to be groped, so we're not really planning to search any more blonde blue-eyed American-born women in the future, either. After all, we've seen the exception to the rule, and they're never going to think of doing it like this again, are they?"

I dare you to tell us you'd approve of such a press release.

once that spreads to everyday life, in everyday places you may change your tune. been in a subway lately?
Pretty much every day. And ours got attacked twice in two weeks, as you know (once successfully, once unsuccessfully).

And no, I have not changed my tune. I still agree with wcook. This is the way to go. That's why it's done how it is - nothing to do with just being politically correct.

Don't get out much? You can't easily travel very far without flying. How would you cross the Atlantic without spending a week and thousands of dollars doing it?

And given what you've posted, I'm not convinced that you don't fear. If you don't fear, you wouldn't have a problem with flying; and if you don't fear, you wouldn't have posted this:

or this:
i'll ask my friend kurt and his wife if he thought that when he was on the plane with the christmas day bomber, aka, the underwear bomber.
Fear? It seems you're full of it.

1. I've heard this comment several times lately and am left wondering how you would explain a check-up to your child. Surely a physician would be touching your child in places you feel are unacceptable. IMO this arguement isn't valid.

2. Maybe you can get where you need to go without having to fly but I can't. Yes I suppose I can drive to Florida or anywhere else in North America but how would you suggest I get to Europe? By boat??? :rolleyes:

BTW - I recognize the woman in the first photo but not the second.

1. my children have and know their doctors. if they didn't know them, they would not be using them for "physicals and other things of that nature.

2. enjoy your patdown if you are selected. it will not keep someone with something in an alternate orafice from boarding a plane. and when that is the next mode of bomb smuggling, enjoy bending over for a cavity search. this way you will feel safe. (hmmm...how foreign to even suggest a boat on a cruise message board).

If you think that they're an exception, you need to learn a bit more about this subject.

Anyway, I'm sure you'd really love a TSA press release that said: "We're really sorry that we let that aircraft get blown up in the sky because the blonde blue-eyed American-born women who carried the bombs didn't fit the profile. We've had it drummed into us that the bombs would be carried by Muslim male extremists between the ages of 17 and 40, so we didn't really need to pay that much attention to anyone else. We were caught out by the exception to the rule, but hey, it was an exception, OK? Profiling is the way to go, just so that no kids need to be groped, so we're not really planning to search any more blonde blue-eyed American-born women in the future, either. After all, we've seen the exception to the rule, and they're never going to think of doing it like this again, are they?"

I dare you to tell us you'd approve of such a press release.Pretty much every day. And ours got attacked twice in two weeks, as you know (once successfully, once unsuccessfully).

And no, I have not changed my tune. I still agree with wcook. This is the way to go. That's why it's done how it is - nothing to do with just being politically correct.Don't get out much? You can't easily travel very far without flying. How would you cross the Atlantic without spending a week and thousands of dollars doing it?

And given what you've posted, I'm not convinced that you don't fear. If you don't fear, you wouldn't have a problem with flying; and if you don't fear, you wouldn't have posted this:or this:Fear? It seems you're full of it.

i've seen less disection in biology.

and the only reason i know longer fly is i would not subject my kids to these invasive searches. especially as it's already been proven they are ineffective, and are just there to appease the fears of the ignorant.

Archived