Best Resort for a day trip in Nassau for 10mo old?

traceyg

Here's what I'm thinking.... with our little guy only being 10 mos old I think I want to rent a hotel for the day at a resort. We also have our other three kids with us- they are 12, 16, and 18. If the baby becomes tired then he and I can go to the room and let him nap.

I want a place where the older kids can have fun but the baby and I can sit in the shade and relax. Being that there will be 5 of us, not including baby, I don't think that we can afford $100-$150 per person for places like Atlantis (although it sounds heavenly).

I also don't want to book a room only to find out that we can't check in until 4 or that by the time we get there from the ship that all of the shaded areas are taken. I don't mind spending extra to purchase a cabana if thats possible.

So... what resort would have water activities for the older kids and cabanas/umbrellas for the baby? Is there a cost associated with it? (other than like jet skis etc)

OR..would be be better off at a public beach renting "gear"? Are there convenient places to rent beach stuff?

Anybody having any experience would be greatly appreciated!

The Atlantis is the one good thing about Nassau. I've been there several times and the beach has always been windy... maybe it won't be for you but I doubt it.

The Atlantis is free to people who book a room at the Comfort Suites. I did this and it was so worth it. First of all my parents enjoyed it as an escape from the hot sun and then the baby enjoyed it at nap time while I took my older son on the water slides. So its a great place to go and very worthwhile. Go to the Atlantis website to check it out.

Archived