Waterproof wallet

Megs867

Zip-Lock makes an excellent one. It comes in three sizes! LOL :D

Seriously, I use a cheap nylon Velcro wallet I bought at walmart or target. Strip everything out of it like photo holders etc. Then I just carry 1 Credit Card, Drivers License, a laminated copy of my Passport Page with emergency numbers on the back for AAA, Insurance, etc. and a days worth of cash. If I am snorkeling it goes into a zip lock and into a SECURE pocket. (most of my trunks have at least 1 Velcro pocket if not use a big safety pin. You don't want to have the wallet float out as you swim along.)

If I loose it no big deal, if it gets wet no big deal either.

Most local dive shops will have small waterproof containers that will hold your ID and some money while you snorkel. Your definition of "cheap" may not be mine - the least expensive ones will run you between $8-$20 - which is cheap. When I go scuba diving, I do not use these, as they are not so reliable 80 feet under the water (due to pressure). I actually found something I like a lot at a marine (boat) supply store - a small ziplock type bag made for the US Navy that is super water proof and comes in a pack of 4 for around $10. IMO this is not cheap as on the surface it looks like most ziplock bags, so there sin't much to its design. This by far has worked the best for me, but then I am a scuba diver. The deeper you go, worse the pressure is on rigid containers, like the ones dive shops tend to sell. You didn't say if you were a diver or just wanted something for snorkeling.

By the way, I have yet to find a waterproof wallet - please let me know if you ever come across one.

Suzi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have ordered and used the Kwik Tek Dry Pac Alligator Wallet through Amazon, $4.69 each plus shipping. I used it for snorkeling only so I am not sure about scuba use. It has a laynard (adjustable) that it hangs around your neck and when snorkeling I just put it down the front of my suit so it isn't floating around. Used it several times last year and it never leaked. Held my ship card, CC, ID and cash as well as my sister's same items, all in one wallet.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know where I can buy a small/cheap waterproof wallet?

I take a credit card, my cruise ship's room card, a laminated copy of my passport and put them in a zip lock bag in my bathing suit pocket. I'll take a second zip lock with enough cash to tip the dive crew and buy lunch or some souvieniers. I leave the cash on the boat when diving - nobody's going to try to steal $50 while you're underwater - there's only a few people to blame.

The credit card can get wet if the bag leaks - it'll dry off quickly :)

The credit card can get wet if the bag leaks - it'll dry off quickly :)

And the people on the island will also take cash if it gets wet as well. We found this out real quick. They don't care as long as it's money. :D

Archived