Oct 2011 TA vs Oct 2012 TA prices!! WTH?

We are taking another TA cruise for our anniversary. We really like them because of all the seas days, blah, blah, blah.

We are looking at the Liberty of the Seas in October and the only suites available are the Junior Suites. I would like to waitlist for a larger suite (20 year anniversary) and I was told that I had to pick a specific category to waitlist, and because none are available, I have no clue what the difference would be (why put down an Owner's Suite if the price difference is so much that we wouldn't be able to pull it off).

So I went to the same ship/same cruise, just in 2012. I wanted to see what was available and just to see if I could get some sort of idea (I know it can all change in a New York second...but I wanted just an idea).

Well, imagine my surprise when I saw a JR for $3,000 LESS than what RCCL is selling the JS's for on this cruise! What? There are no Grand Suites (the next one up), but there are Owner Suites--and guess what? The Owner Suites are $1,000 LESS than what they want for the JS!

What the heck? Why would this year be so much more....we are talking about $3,000 less per room....it is just over $7,000 right now and it just went down a $1,000 over the past few days?

Any insight? If it was a different ship, different ports, different time of year, I would totally get it.

Thanks for any insight into the situation.

Dawn

There is a very active roll call for the LOS October 2011 TA cruise. Based on that thread, it appears that RCI offered low prices soon after this cruise was released. Many avid cruisers snapped up cabins and have been on the roll call ever since. Fun group. Not knowing my work schedule that far in advance, like you, I missed those early bargains. A couple months ago, a decent deal was offered on a balcony gty, so I booked it immediately. Not as good of deal as the early bookings, but I am happy enough.

So, I would say that RCI sold many cabins on this cruise early on. Unless many people cancel before final payment or travel agent are holding blocks of cabins, I suspect the room supply will be limited and, therefore, the prices will be high. If next years cruise works for you, booking early might be wise. Or perhaps you could consider other cruises this fall. There are terrific deals on the Palma to Colon TA. I considered that one and was surprised how easy it would be to get back from Colon.

Wow! That's a huge difference! I think that you should just wait till next year and save lots of money.

Trust me, the thought has entered my head. I think I would be REALLY sick to know what the JS/GS/OS went for when they were reduced a while back.

I can handle it...does anyone remember what they were reduced to?

I may actually do that...and I will check that other cruise mentioned above. Our 20 year anniversary is on 10.31 so I do want to be on a cruise ship somewhere!!!

Thanks!!!!

Dawn

I can't believe it...I went to book the Owner's Suite for 2012 after I read these messages and THEY ARE GONE!!!!

Could it be that someone read it on this board and thought it was a great deal? Stranger things have happened.

Now I'm really bummed and have no idea what to do.

Thanks....

Dawn

I can't believe it...I went to book the Owner's Suite for 2012 after I read these messages and THEY ARE GONE!!!!

Could it be that someone read it on this board and thought it was a great deal? Stranger things have happened.

Thanks....

Dawn

Look again. I can still see An OS on the 2012 LOS TA. maybe somebody had it locked up for a short time. Nothing like a cabin disappearing to tell you if you really wanted it...

Good luck.

Pricing for the 2011 Liberty TA in October had pricing very similar if not the same when it opened for bookings in March of 2010. The Oct 2011 was hugely popular and pricing went very high.

I was able to get an aft Junior suite for the Oct/11 Liberty for $1599 per person when I booked early May 2011. Lowest balconies when it first opened were about $899.

It does pay to book early.:)

Pricing for the 2011 Liberty TA in October had pricing very similar if not the same when it opened for bookings in March of 2010. The Oct 2011 was hugely popular and pricing went very high.

I was able to get an aft Junior suite for the Oct/11 Liberty for $1599 per person when I booked early May 2011. Lowest balconies when it first opened were about $899.

It does pay to book early.:)

Well, I'm not sure what the price was when it opened for bookings in March to begin with....that's alright.

We LOVE aft balconies....our favorite! But in October, hubby doesn't want aft because he said there will be zero sun (would be fine with me!).

$1599 is really a great price...good for you!

I did find cabin 1620 again on the Oct 2012--someone must have held it and let it go back like the earlier poster suggested. I know I can't get the WOW deposit of half price, but I wonder if I can still get the OBC with the WOW special?

Dawn

We are taking another TA cruise for our anniversary. We really like them because of all the seas days, blah, blah, blah.

We are looking at the Liberty of the Seas in October and the only suites available are the Junior Suites. I would like to waitlist for a larger suite (20 year anniversary) and I was told that I had to pick a specific category to waitlist, and because none are available, I have no clue what the difference would be (why put down an Owner's Suite if the price difference is so much that we wouldn't be able to pull it off).

So I went to the same ship/same cruise, just in 2012. I wanted to see what was available and just to see if I could get some sort of idea (I know it can all change in a New York second...but I wanted just an idea).

Well, imagine my surprise when I saw a JR for $3,000 LESS than what RCCL is selling the JS's for on this cruise! What? There are no Grand Suites (the next one up), but there are Owner Suites--and guess what? The Owner Suites are $1,000 LESS than what they want for the JS!

What the heck? Why would this year be so much more....we are talking about $3,000 less per room....it is just over $7,000 right now and it just went down a $1,000 over the past few days?

Any insight? If it was a different ship, different ports, different time of year, I would totally get it.

Thanks for any insight into the situation.

Dawn

I think you answered your own question. If all the suites except for JS are sold out, then they can charge whatever they think the market will bear. I know it's cliche but supply and demand I think is the answer.

I think you answered your own question. If all the suites except for JS are sold out, then they can charge whatever they think the market will bear. I know it's cliche but supply and demand I think is the answer.

Yes, I think I may have answered my own question; however, the posters that offered information to a few of the sales and the pretty low price for this cruise out of the gate really helped me to piece why the "demand" was so high.

Thanks to all that applied.

Greatly appreciated.

Dawn

P.S. I did see that TA cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas--the only thing is we already had an Owner's Suite (only 500+ plus suite we've had on a RCCL ship) on a TA cruise before and after our last cruise on Princess (March - Star), we said NO MORE OLD SHIPS!!! That's why we are heading back over to RCCL!

Thanks....

Dawn

I would not post about a fantastic deal on these boards until you are already booked or have decided against it. It's like a free ad for the cruiseline.

Archived