Help! Need a birth certificate fast.....

Hi everyone,

I am sure this has been discussed here before, but can't find when doing a search quickly.

A friend at work is going on his first cruise on 5-24-11 and didn't know he couldn't use his hospital birth certificate when doing the Alaska cruise.

I guess his wife recently sent away for his birth certificate from the county, but it was returned because it wasn't notorized and she was $2.00 short....Argh!

She resent it to the County, but now they are telling them it could take 3 or more weeks to get it and he doesn't want to play the waiting game just in case.

He was born in Alameda, Calif and is around 60 years old.

Does anyone know of a quick way to get one? Isn't there a company he can call (pay the big bucks too) and they are able to send rather quickly. Any website would be helpful.

thanks,

Chris

Happy Cruisen

Hi everyone,

I am sure this has been discussed here before, but can't find when doing a search quickly.

A friend at work is going on his first cruise on 5-24-11 and didn't know he couldn't use his hospital birth certificate when doing the Alaska cruise.

I guess his wife recently sent away for his birth certificate from the county, but it was returned because it wasn't notorized and she was $2.00 short....Argh!

She resent it to the County, but now they are telling them it could take 3 or more weeks to get it and he doesn't want to play the waiting game just in case.

Does anyone know of a quick way to get one? Isn't there a company he can call (pay the big bucks too) and they are able to send rather quickly. Any website would be helpful.

thanks,

Chris

Happy Cruisen

http://www.vitalchek.com. Used them numerous times and never had a problem.

Tell your friend that there are certain exccursions he won't be able to do if going into Canada like the white pass railroad to the Yukon.

Good luck

Bill

A friend of mine was in the same boat and we went to the county office (Riverside) and got his in about 5 minutes. I see by your profile that you are in So. Cal., but if he really wants to avoid the stress of worrying he can drive up there and get it in person. Otherwise it can get stuck on someone's desk.

Hi everyone,

thanks,

Chris

Happy Cruisen

You need to check very quickly. Your friend is going to need more than a birth certificate for this cruise.

A friend of mine was in the same boat and we went to the county office (Riverside) and got his in about 5 minutes. I see by your profile that you are in So. Cal., but if he really wants to avoid the stress of worrying he can drive up there and get it in person. Otherwise it can get stuck on someone's desk.

CRZCRAZY --

Your friend was lucky. Last year, FL requires everyone to have a ceritified birthcertificate to renew license. Mine was gone in the wind - literally. I renew this year. I was born in Sacramento -- to obtain certificate, I sent in eveything they asked and money for 2 copies with no guarantee they would even find mine (am older- so files were way before computers). To shorten story -- mailed ceritified, return receipt. Took CA 30 days to acknowledge they received my application & it would take longer to research for my birth certificate. I was lucky, they arrived within 30 days. WHEW;)

Lesson - if you can go to offices, much faster.

Think once the OP's friend gets the birthcertificate, you can expedite passport to over night or few days. Worth checking out. My passport is up in July this year so I don't have to worry until after our cruise.

If your friend is starting out in Seatle and ending in Vancouver (I'm assuming, as I don't think Carnival has Alaskan cruises that start and end at US Ports), then you friend needs to hurry the heck up and get the BC (I second the nom for Vitalchek) then get a Passport. It's def gonna have to be expedited. He also needs to call Carnival and explain his predicament. If he doesn't have a passport in hand at boarding time, then I think he will be denied boarding.

If your friend is starting out in Seatle and ending in Vancouver (I'm assuming, as I don't think Carnival has Alaskan cruises that start and end at US Ports), then you friend needs to hurry the heck up and get the BC (I second the nom for Vitalchek) then get a Passport. It's def gonna have to be expedited. He also needs to call Carnival and explain his predicament. If he doesn't have a passport in hand at boarding time, then I think he will be denied boarding.

The Alaska cruises are from Seattle to Seattle.

Archived