Breeze Europe - what is best itinerary, best date/rates?

Hi - we have been discussing a family cruise for some time and will have to decide between late April 2012 Eastern Caribbean or doing a Med Cruise in the Summer of 2012. Big difference in experience and price. Any thoughts on which itinerary you would suggest, there seems to be minor differences in them.

Also our kids are in school until the last week in June and return after labor day. What would be the best time to go with respect to weather and rates as I know summer can be too hot and expensive.

Ok, I've looked through them a little more. The August 14 one has the advantage of having our 15th anniversary happen during the cruise. The June 27 one is interesting as it has an overnight in Rome. But Rome is a distance away, so would people book their own accommodation in Rome and spend the night rather than going back to the ship.

Also curious about room options as we would probably have to go 4 person inside cabin. There are also 4 person inside cloud 9 and 4 person inside with obstructed view. Is the spa worth it on a med cruise as it is busy? Might be better off with obs view window.

Keep in mind that a lot of Europe "goes on vacation" in August. It is very hot and a lot of things will be closed down. The overnight in Rome would be interesting providing you have a lot of time for both days. If so then I would seriously look into an overnight accommodation in Rome itself. The train isn't bad to take (I did it in January), but I wouldn't want to do it two days in a row.

As for room options, I would try to swing an obstructed view balcony on the front of the ship. The light will make a difference. Plus you will have access to the front viewing area right outside your door. It would be a perfect place to "getaway" for a few moments. The fact that these sell under the Inside Cabin category makes them a great bargain.

Do this trip if at all possible. We did an Eastern med cruise (with Rome) in January and were blown away. Next month is our 12 day Magic cruise and we are beyond excited. It would be an awesome opportunity for the family. I have to say it is a world of difference from a Caribbean cruise.

Thanks. The second day in Rome is a shorter day so we would either have to spend the night in Rome or come back late at night and just stay on the boat the next day. I'm guessing Carnival might have overnight excursions, though we lived in Ireland for a year in 2009 so are quite comfortable planning things on our own.

Archived