poll: Cruise experience satisfaction

waterrats

Rate your level of Cruise Satisfaction  

425 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your level of Cruise Satisfaction

• 100% Loved it. I want to go again.
    • 80% Great Vacation. When are we going again.
    • 80% Great vacation but just not for me. Will pass next time.
    • 60% On the positive side, will try it again.
    • 60% On the positive side, but will pass in the future.
    • 50% Middle road. I am unsure if I will go again or not.
    • 25% Not my best vacation but am willing to try it again.
    • 25% Not my best vacation. I will pass on another cruise.
    • 0% Hated it but am willing to try another cruise.
    • 0% Too many headaches. Not for me.

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]After my first 7 day cruise I came home with the following, that lasted 1.5 years. After my 2nd cruise in 2002 it has lasted almost 3 years.

There is a rare syndrome that is becoming more common as cruising increases. A person takes month or year to get their "sea legs" back after a cruise, boat ride, or even an airplane trip. Many of us have had this syndrome for years after taking a cruise. If you feel a rocking, swaying, or bobbing motion, imbalance, and fatigue and have difficulty concentrating every day, all day, you probably have this. For a select few after being on a boat, plane or in car this feeling gets longer every time. We are not crazy or making this up it is a documented vestibular syndrome. It is generally thought to be an inability of[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]the brain to re adjust to land.[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]This is called Mal de Debarquement Syndrome (MdDs). If you need information email me or contact [url="http://nhffoundations.net/"]http://nhffoundations.net[/url] or type in Mal de Debarquement into Google. A lot of people feel like they are going crazy when the rocking doesn't stop for weeks or months and this actual effects your ability to think and speak for most people, in some degree. We are trying to increase awareness of this syndrome and let people know what they have. I have had this for over two years after a cruise. I have had other shorter episodes after boat rides and cruises.[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]It is true that other types of vertigo are similar to this syndrome, but many doctors have never heard of this. Most of the people in our support group (yahoo) self-diagnosed and had to print out Medical articles (Dr. Timothy Hain) to take to our own doctors. I am just trying to get the word out that there is such a syndrome for the people who are struggling with this. I had this after my first cruise for 1.5 years; it went away in one day. I went on a 2nd cruise 6 months later and now have had it 24/7, for 2 years and 4 months, not fun. We have over 100 people in our support group and some have had it over 14 years. They cannot work or function normally. Some drugs are helpful for different people. But it helps to get ideas on treatments and coping skills. [/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Here's some web sites: [url="http://www.earaces.com/maldedebarquement.htm"]www.earaces.com/maldedebarquement.htm[/url][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]www.tchain.com/otoneurology/disorders/central/mdd.html[/size][/font]

[center]
[/center]
[center]
[/center]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]We have a great support group on Yahoo:[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mdds_support/[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Good luck to all that have this.[/size][/font]

My first cruise was on the HAL's Niew(sp?) Amsterdam many years ago and we though we had died and went to heaven. We then cruised on the Big Red Boat and frankly it didn't live up to HAL. In the last two years we have cruised on the Disney Magic and I am so hooked! We are sailing on the Amsterdam to Alaska July 3 and have booked next Easter break on the Costa Magica. If I could, every vacation would be a cruise - hey, wait a minute that's what they've become.:)

This cruise will be my first true vacation!!
That is what I keep telling my DH.
We have been all over the States in several different RV's over the years - on vacation!! HA!!
You know who still had to do the meals, make the beds, do the laundry, and take care of the kids when they were still with us!!
Not DH, that is for sure. Oh, he thought he was helping from time to time, but never really got the hang of housework on vacation!!
He loved RVing, and I have to admit, we did have some wonderful times.
But, that being said, I never really felt like I had truly been on a vacation.
Come home, clean out the RV, do all of the laundry, etc. etc. etc.
Just more of the same old stuff that I had just done on the vacation. :eek:
So, I can hardly wait to experience being pampered, waited on, and not having to look at a dirty dish, make a bed, scrub anything, and just relax.
Wow, it sounds too good to be true.
Why in the world did I wait so long to do this?
Hopefully, I will be right back here after our cruise to Alaska in September, raving about how wonderful it was.
I know I will be - I am already addicted, and haven't even been on the ship yet!!

• 2 weeks later...
Cruising by far is the best vaction you can ever take!! All you have to do is get to 1 place, the pier. After that there is nothing, or everything you could want to do. With other vactions all we, (I), do is drive from one place to the next. Sure you may stay in one hotel for a few days, but it's drive here, drive there. It can be really tiring. On a cruise though every thing is there for you to enjoy, food, room, entertainment, etc. Money wise its really not much more than any other vacation you could take for 7 days where all that would be included.

• 8 months later...
Recently completed my 3rd Princess cruise, and cannot wait to go again.
We started out with a 10 day cruise to the Panama Canal, and I was instantly addicted.
The 2nd was another 10 "dayer" to the Eastern Caribbean.
#3 was 15 days to Hawaii.
Next one will be another 10 dayer, to the Southern Caribbean.
After that will be a repeat of the 15 dayer to Hawaii.
I'd hate to go on anything less than 10 days. Just sounds too short.
For those who don't like cruising or are unsure if they like cruising, I'm sorry for you. But, to each his/her own.
As for me, I'll keep cruising til I'm too feeble to make it aboard (unless I can find someone willing to push my wheelchair) or too poor to buy a ticket. :)

Archived