p&o cruises from brisbane

thied

DOES any one think that any one that wonts to cruise from Brisbane on P&O is being short changed in itineraries avalable from Brisbane are compaired to what P&O are offering from Sydney?

OR are we all happy with what we a recieving?

Love Thied.

There's only one word for the itineraries out of Brisbane ... "boring".

We need a shake up to make it more interesting - that or some different ships. IMHO :D

I tend to agree very Boring

Love Thied.

There's only one word for the itineraries out of Brisbane ... "boring".

We need a shake up to make it more interesting - that or some different ships. IMHO :D

Yeah Moria the ones out of Tassie are boring too! :p

• 2 weeks later...

rather slim pickings I am afraid.You either have them going to New Caledonia/Vanuatu for a week to ten days or going around Queensland.If you are lucky there might be some that also take in New Zealand and Fiji.

I did one out of Brisbane back in 2008 and I swear to god with a few exceptions the ship resembled a floating retirement village with so many old people on there So I gave it cruising a big fat miss for 2009 and went to Vietnam instead that year and had an even better holiday with a bunch of young people on a tour group all under age 35.

My tip to the under 50's is unless you are a Queenslander or can't get a Cruise out of Sydney is to avoid at all costs.

P&O need to look at this mindless [and virtually endless] 7 day "milk run" mentality they have with Pacific Dawn.

Those endless trips either up the Queensland coast or out to Noumea/Lifou/Vila.

They should consider some longer cruises throught the year to places like Samoa, Tahiti and even Hawaii - all of which are closer to Brisbane than they are to Sydney.

They would certainly have no trouble filling the Pacific Dawn for such destinations.

Nothing wrong with the milk run destinations - but not so many of them.

They also need to consider longer cruises to places like Darwin, Pt Moresby, Rabaul and the Solomon Islands.

Instead we continue get the outrageously boring "milk runs" plus the occasional trip to the top of the Vanuatu islands with the possibility of that scruffy hole Fiji thrown in:rolleyes:.

Such potential being wasted - Queenslanders [and others] will spend the money if you offer them better places to go ex Brisbane.

Lift your game P&O - are you reading this ??????

P&O need to look at this mindless [and virtually endless] 7 day "milk run" mentality they have with Pacific Dawn.

They should consider some longer cruises throught the year to places like Samoa, Tahiti and even Hawaii - all of which are closer to Brisbane than they are to Sydney.

Rasa , you are so right.

Being from WA and not wanting to do the Asian cruises we have to fly to wherever we want to cruise to get something different.

We are looking to sail from Sydney to Hawaii , as there are two different lines that do that cruise.

P&O really need to look at all ports and try and give people somewhere different to cruise form and to.

They would certainly have no trouble filling the Pacific Dawn for such destinations.

Nothing wrong with the milk run destinations - but not so many of them.

They also need to consider longer cruises to places like Darwin, Pt Moresby, Rabaul and the Solomon Islands.

Instead we continue get the outrageously boring "milk runs" plus the occasional trip to the top of the Vanuatu islands with the possibility of that scruffy hole Fiji thrown in:rolleyes:.

Such potential being wasted - Queenslanders [and others] will spend the money if you offer them better places to go ex Brisbane.

Lift your game P&O - are you reading this ??????

Absolutely true Dennis, I agree 100%. P&O will have to come up with some new itineraries if they want to continue to grow their business cruising from Brisbane, because they will have to keep the interest of repeat cruisers as well as attracting new ones. It's also kind of a waste that the itineraries are so boring and repetitious with so many interesting ports being easily accessible for there, it seems like a missed opportunity.

Hey folks, a week or two ago I put a comment on P&O's Facebook page and they replied with this:

P&O Cruises Australia commented on their Wall post.

P&O Cruises Australia wrote: "Hi Sandi, we can welcome it as a discussion topic if you'd like to start one? Itinerary decisions obviously entail quite a lot of planning, and of course dream itineraries are something to aspire to. We could put together an interview with one of our market analysts - to give you some insights?"

I did put a post on their Discussions page, but the page moves so fast they all get overlooked. Perhaps I should bump it to the top again. Anyway, if you want P&O to know something, that is the place to put it in my experience. :)

Hey folks, a week or two ago I put a comment on P&O's Facebook page and they replied with this:

P&O Cruises Australia commented on their Wall post.

P&O Cruises Australia wrote: "Hi Sandi, we can welcome it as a discussion topic if you'd like to start one? Itinerary decisions obviously entail quite a lot of planning, and of course dream itineraries are something to aspire to. We could put together an interview with one of our market analysts - to give you some insights?"

I did put a post on their Discussions page, but the page moves so fast they all get overlooked. Perhaps I should bump it to the top again. Anyway, if you want P&O to know something, that is the place to put it in my experience. :)

that would be great.

And it doesn't get any better when Sun Princess is based here later in the year.

Sun Princess is doing 8 cruises out of Brisbane in November/December 2011 and January 2012. Seven of them are 14 night round New Zealand itineraries and one is an 11 night South Pacific itinerary calling at all the usual ports (Noumea, Suva, Port Vila, Isle of Pines and Port Denarau.

Consequently Pacific Dawn only has one NZ cruise out of Brisbane in summer 2011/12, and even that is being done at the same time as one of the Sun Princess ones.

Just picked up on this interesting thread.

I agree with you all, the itineraries out of Brisbane are terribly boring. Why on earth would P & O think that all anyone wants to do is cruise the same 7 day itinerary. Surely it could be varied. In fact, if they varied it, people would look to do back to back cruises and enjoy 14 days on the ship cruising different islands in the Pacific.

I would actually like to see more calls at Fiji as I prefer it to Noumea anyday.

Good idea Sandi to introduce this topic again on Facebook. I didn't see it on the discussion board.

Jilly:)

I would also like to see some new ports.

Dennis mentioned the Solomon Islands.A very interesting place especially if you are interested in WW2 history.

My son-in-law was in transport in the Army and drove the first truck off the Navy ship a few years ago during the Peace keeping efforts.He was greeted by the locals waving their fists and telling him they were going to kill him.

I'm sure things have improved since then and P&O would receive a better greeting.

Regards Elaine.

I would also like to see some new ports.

Dennis mentioned the Solomon Islands.A very interesting place especially if you are interested in WW2 history.

My son-in-law was in transport in the Army and drove the first truck off the Navy ship a few years ago during the Peace keeping efforts.He was greeted by the locals waving their fists and telling him they were going to kill him.

I'm sure things have improved since then and P&O would receive a better greeting.

Regards Elaine.

i am sure that it a little bit different then those days,

They really need to add some new ports and offer some variety out of Brisbane.You can get a Star Cruise Superstar Virgo out of Singapore which is a much nicer newer ship for not much more than what these P&O Clowns are offering for the same cruises every year.

In fact once I am looking at one of those for 2012 or 2013.

I know, Jilly, that's why I was surprised when P&O told me to raise the itineraries on the Discussions page. They can't really change them before then. Given that it seems most of the pax are repeat cruisers, I think most will be heartily tired of the same few ports. :eek:

Ok so I am booked on one of the 7 day Pacific Dawn cruises out of Brisbane.

This is my first PO cruise

This one appealed to me as it was only 7 days, Saturday to Saturday. It means I only have to take 5 days off of work, its really hard to get more than 5 days off so this worked great for me. I considered the 7 day out of Sydney but Brisbane gave me an extra port. Its my mums first cruise so i tried to get her a little bit less time at sea.

So this cruise does not appear boring to me..

However I've done one cruise and i liked it and i would like to do more. It can become quite expensive flying overseas(and takes a long time) just for a cruise so then i feel like i have to spend a bit of time at the departure destination. Which again cost even more money.

So i can understand for those who love cruising and would like to do yearly being bored with the PO itinerary. It is hard with Australia being so far away. Then again there are quite a few of the south pacific islands close together yet they only seem to go to the same places for the 7 day ones. But 10 day ones visit islands that are like right next door. It does make you wonder why they dont change it up a bit. Next year more cruise lines will be cruising from Australia . PO might need to shake things up a bit if those cruise lines offer more variety in there itinerary's.

Either way im looking forward to this cruise :)

Nelie, I've just said the same thing on the A & NZ forum. I was wanting to try Sun Princess when she comes to Brisbane, but she's doing the same cruises at a dearer price. (Actually, some of them have come down a bit since.)

There is a definite need for 7-dayers for people who don't have a lot of spare time, but not quite so many and they could vary the ports as Isle of Pines, Mare, Emerald Bay and Mystery Island are so close. :)

Yes I agree with you both.

They can stay with the 7 days Saturday to Saturday because that is good for those that work, but surely they could vary the itinerary a bit.

I think that by 2012/13 many who have done these itineraries offered on Pacific Dawn will not book again. Then what happens.....they will have to reduce the pricing to fill the ship. That's what's happening on Pacific Sun now.

Jilly:)

we could all ways start up a pertion on face book to get P&O take herd of what people want. i do know the spelling is wrong but you should the idea.

Archived