Shower gel scent

RedbirdFL

Here you go . . . :)

2789192760103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

There is a web address for bodyeclipse at the bottom of that picture. You might be able to find something close to it or even that product on that site. I'll be cruising on carnival for the first time in Feb. and I'm eagerly awaiting being able to smell it and use it.

• 2 years later...
I have always wondered why there is shower gel in the shower. A single bar of soap will last the entire cruise. Maybe they get industrial barrels of shower gel which is cheaper than soap.

I saw a news story about how wasteful those small bars of soap are. Many of them get tossed after a few uses. Some hotels are participating in a soap recycling program where they collect and turn them into new soap bars and send them to poor countries.

I saw a news story about how wasteful those small bars of soap are. Many of them get tossed after a few uses. Some hotels are participating in a soap recycling program where they collect and turn them into new soap bars and send them to poor countries.

They may use it because liquid soap doesn't leave soap scum like bar soap.

I tried using the shampoo and shower gel in the cabin, and found them to be horrible. They didn't lather well at all, and after washing, they took forever to rinse out. I don't know if it was the low-quality products or the chemical composition of the water on the ship, but that was my experience. I just dealt with it the first time, and took a travel-size shampoo bottle the second time.

The bar soap, on the other hand, was pretty good. (I'm referring to those plastic-wrapped hockey pucks by the bathroom sink.) It lathered well and rinsed off cleanly.

Being onboard does not hit me until I take my first shower and smell the body wash. Then I look down at the flooded bathroom floor. My shower experience is complete when I open the bathroom door and it bangs into the closet door.

They're definitely citrus. Kind of lemon/lime scents. I wish you could purchase them onboard or online. I'm really fussy about scents. I don't like anything flowery or perfumey or too strong. I hope Carnival doesn't change the body wash and shampoo. These are great. Very refreshing to use.

A year or so ago someone posted a picture of the gallon jug from the maid cart. You may be able to find it through a search about the soap. Also, it seems like it says made exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines. I think there was a toll free number on it. I think one reason they supply it is the way their sewer system is. If everyone used other soap and shampoo the foam factor would be a problem. Just as their toilet tissue. It is made for their sewer. If everyone brought their own it would probably clog the system.

:DCarnival should think about selling this in the gift shops onboard. They are missing a great opportunity for additional revenue:D

I would love to shower and "pretend I'm cruising".

I am surprised no one has thought about bringing an empty bottle to fill up LOL - like the freebies in the bathroom bowl.

I am surprised no one has thought about bringing an empty bottle to fill up LOL - like the freebies in the bathroom bowl.

This sounds like guessing how many jelly beans are in the jar.

How many pumps would it take to fill up a 12oz bottle? It's a great idea, however I wouldn't have the patience to do it. :)

Archived