Shower gel scent

RedbirdFL

When we sailed on the Freedom in February the body wash & shampoo were both citrus blends. One was Lime & Tangerine and the other was Lemon & Tangerine. I don't know if they use the same products on all of the ships though. I thought they were very refreshing & happened to see the gallon jugs in the hallway & read the labels out of curiosity. :o

Upcoming:

11/26/11 Carnival Miracle SOUTH CARIBBEAN – Thanksgiving Cruise 8 days

8/18/11 Carnival Inspiration COZUMEL – Family cruise 4 days

Sailed :

2/12/11 Carnival Freedom EXOTIC W. CARIBBEAN – Early Anniversary 8 days

9/11/10 Carnival Freedom EASTERN CARIBBEAN – VIP!! 8 days

8/19/10 Carnival Sensation Mother – Daughter Cruise 3 days

3/27/10 Carnival Liberty WESTERN CARIBBEAN – Anniversary Cruise 7 days

12/31/09 Carnival Fascination FREEPORT & NASSAU – New Year’s Cruise 4 days

10/1/09 Carnival Sensation NASSAU – Family Cruise 3 days

3/28/09 Carnival Glory EASTERN CARIBBEAN – Anniversary Cruise 7 days

9/6/08 Carnival Glory EXOTIC W. CARIBBEAN – Just Because  7 days

9/10/06 Carnival Sensation Mother – Daughter Cruise 4 days

12/23/01 Carnival Sensation Christmas Cruise – 2nd time – same ports 7 days

12/24/00 Carnival Sensation X-Mas (Gr. Cayman, Cozumel & N. Orleans) 7 days

My 1st shower onboard the Imagination last month, I thought the shower gel smelled really familiar. When leaving the cabin for the day I checked the stewards cart and read the label on the gallon bottles posted above.

Then it hit me, it smells exactly like the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial scrub I've been using at home (the green one). Unfortunately, it's only available in facial cleanser and scrub.

http://www.cleanandclear.com/product/morning-burst-shine-control/cleanser

I asked at the spa onboard the Imagination if they sold the shower gel and the guy working there laughed, told me no and asked why I in the world I would want to buy some. It told him I thought it smelled good and he laughed even harder. He then directed me to some Bliss products they sell that are lemon and sage scented, but they're not the same (I have some of these at home too and don't care for the scent).

http://www.blissworld.com/bath-body/shop-bliss-products/lemonsage.aspx

I have always wondered why there is shower gel in the shower. A single bar of soap will last the entire cruise. Maybe they get industrial barrels of shower gel which is cheaper than soap.

I don't know and I don't care. I avoid the shower gel and bring my own bar of soap.

:DCarnival should think about selling this in the gift shops onboard. They are missing a great opportunity for additional revenue:D

I would love to shower and "pretend I'm cruising".

Great idea, cer10lee!

Then it hit me, it smells exactly like the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial scrub I've been using at home (the green one). Unfortunately, it's only available in facial cleanser and scrub.

http://www.cleanandclear.com/product/morning-burst-shine-control/cleanser

Thanks, I think my daughter has this. I'll check it out.

• 5 months later...
Here you go . . . :)

2789192760103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks Don!

I went to the site ( body eclipse) and it is under construction, but I was able to see the products and key ingredients. I can hardly wait to purchase, my skin was so soft on the cruise and I loved the smell too :)

I have always wondered why there is shower gel in the shower. A single bar of soap will last the entire cruise. Maybe they get industrial barrels of shower gel which is cheaper than soap.

I don't know and I don't care. I avoid the shower gel and bring my own bar of soap.

I don't think I've used bar soap in 20 years (I'm 34). I much prefer shower gels...you don't need a lot, there's a variety of scents, and you don't have a gross soap dish in the shower.

When i got on the ship, i had no clue they had soap and shampoo dispensers. So I tried them both a couple times. End up packing my soap and shampoo in our bag and using the ships the rest of time. Its now on my list of "what NOT to bring" Its cuts down on what on having to bring. And smells very good!

Archived