Rental Cars - Pick up in Miami & Drop in Ft. Lauderdale

Suncat

Hello:

Anybody had experience of picking up a rental car in Miami and dropping off in Ft. Lauderdale? Specifically, we are looking to see if there's a particular rental company close to Port Evegrlades in Ft. Lauderdale, so we can drop our car before boarding.

Thanks,

Suncat

Suncat: hey neighbor, we are in Kingston. When are you cruising.

Why are you renting a car, there are shuttle services and also limos that you can take. Are you staying pre cruise??? We are sailing July 24th on Zuiderdam and going to FLL for three days at the Hyatt Pier 66. we are flying into Miami and taking a limo to the hotel to relax.

Let me know the details and I'll give you some more info

The FLL airport is very close to the pier, so just about all of the car rental places will bring passengers to either the airport OR the cruise ship terminal when you drop off the vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be renting a car from Alamo at the end of my upcoming cruise to do some signtseeing, mainly because my return flight doesn't take off until around 7:40 pm. There was no problem picking up the car in Ft Lauderdale and dropping it off in Miami so the reverse is probably true as well. My TA booked the car and all I need to do is call Alamo once I get off the ship at the end of the week and their shuttle will pick me up at the pier.

Did the reverse of this with Alamo (pu at FLL, return to MIA) for our March victory cruise. They were well priced for a midsize and were VERY good about shuttles. Some of the big guys, like National and Budget, don't shuttle to some of the piers. They say security issues but Alamo and Thrifty had no prob w/ MIA pier shuttles. Kinda makes you wonder. Do confirm with the location direct regarding pier shuttles. The 800 reservation people promise everything and often it is not available. The local agent will then say sorry but....and you are out about $15 added cab fare.

Holly - I am debarking in Ft Lauderdale so will need the car there to take to Miami for drop off. I remember seeing the Alamo shuttle circling around in front of the pier the last time I was there so it probably will be quite easy to hop on.

Found out that Budget has one-way rental and we'll be using them pre and post cruise. They also have an airport shuttle that will take us to and from the pier! Thanks for all the help!

Archived