Terry cover-up

Cindyrella

I have a red and black hawaiian print swimsuit and am looking for a cover-up. I originally wanted a terry sundress style, you know the smocked "Juicy" style? Anyway, I haven't been able to find anything except a strapless one (with skinny detachable straps) at Target. They only come in kelly green (yuck), black, white and pink. I think the black might be too hot and the white looks too much like a towel, + my suit would show through(?) what do you think? Does anyone know where I can get a cute terry sundress in red? I've tried TJ Maxx and Ross, Penny's, Target, Old Navy--no luck.

I have found some cute cover-ups in my most reccent victorias secret swim catalog. They have what is described as a terry tube dress - not the same 'juicy' style - this one literally looks like a long tube top with a ruffle at the bottom and a drawstring at the very top. It really is very cute and comes in black and a red they call 'cayenne'. It comes in XXS - XL and is $38. It hits upper thigh lengh on the model - who is probobly 6 foot (hehe) so it would have good coverage on normal folks. They also have some cute terry sesperates, long and cropped pants and long sleeve and short sleeve zip front hoodies. No red, but they do have black. I am planning on getting one of those sets to wear as a cover-up and feel more 'covered' when we are walking around, eating lunch, etc. They also have the original 'juicy' smocked terry dress, again no red but black, with detachable straps for $35. Hope this helps! Can you tell I've been scouring the catalogs for my cruise.........:p

I was just looking at a flyer for Goody's department store and the type cover up you describe is in the flyer. If you don't have a Goody's near you they have a website. It is http://www.goodysonline.com. They had the cover up listed as coming in a range of colors--not sure about red. It might be worth a try anyway.

Good luck!

Hope this gets you there but I saw these in Target in Las Vegas and they were cute, not thick though so if you are looking for something substantial these were a little on the thin side, but would definitely get the job done. http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_8/602-8201518-0283022?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007KMWIQ

Can you sew? They usually carry this fabric at fabric stores quite cheap and you would basically be running a seam up the middle.

Are you near a Saks Fifth Avenue outlet Off Fifth? They have the Juicy Couture line at my local one and the terry is wonderful. It is lush and feels like a million bucks (which is close to what it costs LOL!).

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm leaving a week from tomorrow so no time to have anything shipped. I went shopping last night and found a white one at a Juniors store here called Maurices, that actually looks cute on. It's really soft too. I also found a cute swimsuit I wasn't planning on buying but I love the colors. It's striped--white, aqua, turq, peach, coral and brown. The bottoms are white with the same striped belt. I had to get the large bottoms but since it IS junior sizing I didn't feel too bad. Each piece was only $20 and I had a $10 coupon so only $30 for the whole suit. They also had a smocked terry cover up in turquoise I might go back and get.

Thanks for all your help, I'm getting excited now!

Archived