Piano Bar- What's the appeal?

I enjoy the piano bars up to a point. Most people seem to have fun and enjoy the music. Eventually I just cannot breath and have to leave. I am looking forward to the mostly smoke free piano bar on the Magic.

I am not a smoker, but usually I'm on smokers side of the argument, as far as smoking on deck and balconies. But I agree with you, the piano bar is small enough and smokey enough that it is oppressive to me and I can't stay long:rolleyes:

Piano bar's (on land or sea) are just a fun way to let loose, have a few drinks and belt out a few classic tunes with your fellow bar mates. It is an interactive experience, a few steps down from karaoke. I love me some Billy Joel, Rod Stewart, etc.!!!

Fun sing along bar...........but unfortunately the piano bar is usually too smokey to enjoy

Seems a bit funny about complaints about the Piano Bar being too smokey now. A few years ago Carnival restricted smoking to a only few locations with the Piano bar being one of the few “designated” smoking areas. The non-smokers were happy for a while, but ended up following the smokers to the few areas specifically designated for smoking and start complaining about the smoke!

I can see the inevitable progression:

• New non-smoking Piano bars become less-and-less popular as the smokers leave (they are often the life-of-the-party)
  • Carnival adds a piano bar like area to the Cigar Club which becomes immensely popular.
  • Non-smokers start showing up for the fun.
  • Non-smokers complain about how smokey it is in the Cigar club.
  • Cigar Club becomes non-smoking.
  • Smokers delegated to a small anchor locker on deck 0 where the entertainment is a Eastern European deck hand with a Kazoo...

And by the way, I don’t smoke, but my experience is smokers are a fun bunch of party people.

Seems a bit funny about complaints about the Piano Bar being too smokey now. A few years ago Carnival restricted smoking to a only few locations with the Piano bar being one of the few “designated” smoking areas. The non-smokers were happy for a while, but ended up following the smokers to the few areas specifically designated for smoking and start complaining about the smoke!

I can see the inevitable progression:

• New non-smoking Piano bars become less-and-less popular as the smokers leave (they are often the life-of-the-party)
  • Carnival adds a piano bar like area to the Cigar Club which becomes immensely popular.
  • Non-smokers start showing up for the fun.
  • Non-smokers complain about how smokey it is in the Cigar club.
  • Cigar Club becomes non-smoking.
  • Smokers delegated to a small anchor locker on deck 0 where the entertainment is a Eastern European deck hand with a Kazoo...

And by the way, I don’t smoke, but my experience is smokers are a fun bunch of party people.

You can't make everyone happy.

I enjoy the piano bars up to a point. Most people seem to have fun and enjoy the music. Eventually I just cannot breath and have to leave. I am looking forward to the mostly smoke free piano bar on the Magic.

They decided to make the piano bar on the Magic completely smoke free.

Archived