GEM Debarkation in NYC

Mark O

Traveling with a party of 6, and none of us have ever sailed with NCL. We're all local, so no flights to catch. What time can we expect to be off the ship, have our luggage, cleared through immigration/customs, and be ready to catch our limo? I don't want to incur any additional limo charges. Thanks for your help.

Anywhere from 8am to 10am, its up to you to figure it out. If you want to do self embark, then you will the first ones of the ship. Later in the cruise i read you can go to the atrium to pick up color luggage that indicate the time you want to debark

If you get in on time, you can definitely be off the ship by 9:00. We were getting picked up and were in no hurry to get off and felt like we overstayed our welcome by getting off at 9:45.

To avoid the crowds during disembarkation and the lines at customs, I would suggest waiting to disembark until the last minute... well, ok... about 9:30 or so. We always enjoy a leisurely breakfast and disembark with the last passengers.... no lines at customs.... no crowd on the streets...

If you get in on time, you can definitely be off the ship by 9:00. We were getting picked up and were in no hurry to get off and felt like we overstayed our welcome by getting off at 9:45.

when you say you got off by 9:45, do you mean you were out in the street and ready for your ride by then? Thanks so much.

Archived