Bring'n home goodies

JagMan

Hi, newbie here.

Me & the wife going our first cruise 6/20 on the Mariner. And I have several requests to bring back rumcake from GC , plus all the stuff I know we'll buy. My question is, what is the best way to bring lots of stuff back onboard & then on the plane? I'm think'n of taking a extra suitcase packed with nothing but bubblewrap to put the stuff in for the trip home.

Thanks for any advise-DC

One way to do this is get one of those folding soft luggage bags that you can pack into one of your regular suitcases or pick one up on one of the Islands you stop at. Many cruise lines also sell them on their ships. Then wrap your new acquisitions with dirty clothes and pack them in your regular suitcase. Pack your other dirty clothes in the softsided expandable bag you picked up. That way worse case scenario is that you will end up losing some dirty clothes if something happens to that bag and your souvenirs and gifts will make it home in your better hardsided suitcase.

Have a GREAT next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib

Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib

HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib

Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib

HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal

RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib

Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib

HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib

Golden Princess 07/03 Med

Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib

HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

Next cruise

Island Princess 11/04 Hawaii

Since you are flying you sould know there are weight limits PLUS a limit on the amount of luggage you can fly with. I suggest that you check with your individual airlines web site and look up baggage information. (You can pay a hefty price if you go over the weight limit)

Airtran allows 3 pcs of luggage at 75 pounds each. Most other airlines only allow 2 per person with a weight limit of 50. ALso it seems you can only carry 1 pc onboard. (other then a pocketbook or laptop) You may want to reconsider buying tons of soveneirs at those prices. or pack very lightly for your cruise.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

The rum cakes you buy in Grand Cayman can be shipped to you by the company you buy them from. As a matter of fact, you can order those yummy rum cakes on the internet from the same companies that make them! Having them shipped is worth not having to hassle with carrying them in suitcases. In fact, a lot of things you buy in the islands you can have shipped directly to you and are not required to list them on your customs declaration.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Thanks for all the Great replies! Never thought about wrapping souvenirs in dirty clothes!

Yea, I know about the airline limits (Delta,2 checked @ 50lb max)I will have to be careful on the weight.

About shipping stuff back to your house, this seems like a very good idea. Does the product arrive in pretty good shape? I ship alot of stuff UPS, and I know what kind of damage they can inflict on a box icon_eek.gif

Again, thanks everyone, I am so STOKED icon_biggrin.gif

We always ship home our souvenirs, unless it is something so small it can be tucked into our existing luggage. I always love to get a package in the mail, even if I already know what's in it!

I would pay only by credit card if you are shipping anything. That way, you have a way to combat shipping errors.

Kathy

Archived