When could we get on the ship?

GucciGal

My boyfriend and I will be taking our first cruise on 9-4-04,the NOS,leaving from Miami...It departs Miami at 5,and our plane lands at noon. What time will we be allowed on the ship? Thanks in advance....

Your ship will likely be boarding passengers by the time you get your luggage and get to the port. The time will depend on how long the checkin lines are. Make sure to have all your registration things filled out ahead. Best is to do it online if you can.

Statendam-Alaska '97, Veendam-NE/Canada '98, RCCL-Bermuda, '99, Am. Queen, 2000, NCL Sky-Caribbean '03, NCL Dawn - Bahamas '03

NCL Sun Panama Canal
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;4;16;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]

Your plane lands at noon- grab your luggage and take a taxi- Dont wait for the shuittle coz then youhave to wait til the bus fills up. (its 1-5 20 minutes ride away) watchout the left side of your window coz you can see the ships from miles away.

after you get to the port -give your luggage to the porters alnong with a buck a bag--he will see that it gets on the ship. After this point you can figure about an hour to hour and half to get onboard.

Enjoy the cruise.

On our first cruise I thought I could just walk onboard when arriving..NOT!!

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

• 4 weeks later...
They will have up til half an hour before the ship leaves to get onboard. SO if they are delayed at all they still have that time to get there.

I like going as early as possible to get that first day of cruising in. But since their plane dont land til noon, they get their luggage, get a taxi= theyshould be arriving about 2 or so.

As 11 before just b/c my husband decided to ask someone (very nicely of course) and he pulled us in early with the higher priority members. Even on NCL I don't think we were ever on any later than several hours before departure.

Any truth to the idea that when you do a prestay with transfers through the cruise line you are likely to get on board quite early as they are picking you up at your hotel and bringing you to the ship? August 7th, NOS will be my first cruise too but this is what I was told happens.

When is the shuttle picking you up at the hotel?? In Miami they open the Secuirty gates about 11. We are always at the pier by 10:30 waiting. Onboard by noon.

I would look into what time the shuttle is picking you up= does it go to other hotels to pick up others. It may be faster and easier on nerves to just take a cab. Yu wont be arriving enmass with a lot of people. Sometimes the shuttles dont pick youup til noon then the pier is already getting crowded.

Thanks Serene58

I like your idea. I'll look into that and cancel if they aren't picking me up by 10:15.

Another question...I noticed we only have 20 people signed up for a meet and mingle on that cruise which surprises me. The cruise is on August 7th. Wouldn't you think out of 3000 passengers you would have 25 by now?

I'm just curious. Is it because there not very popular or something negative like that?

Thanks again

Archived