MSC Splendida check in time

lita24

I am cruising on MSC Splendida for first time in 2 weeks and just got e-tickets saying that check-in time is 15:00, but we are ariving in the morning and I was wondering that we could check in around noon time or at least to check in our luggage. Does anybody know the MSC check-in process? We cruised NCL before and thay are pretty open with noon check in.

I am cruising on MSC Splendida for first time in 2 weeks and just got e-tickets saying that check-in time is 15:00, but we are ariving in the morning and I was wondering that we could check in around noon time or at least to check in our luggage. Does anybody know the MSC check-in process? We cruised NCL before and thay are pretty open with noon check in.

Which port are you embarking at? If its genoa (the main embarkation port) then there is a possibility if you turn up at Noon you'll get on straight away but then again you may have to wait an hour or so At the main port, they disembark all passengers (takes a couple of hours) then they clean all the ship from top to bottom before embarking the next group.

If you are embarking at barcelona or naples, there is probably a better chance of you being able to get on earlier but not guaranteed..

• 2 weeks later...

On our 22 days cruise on board the Splendida recently, we embarked at Genoa and we were asked to be there FROM 10.00am ....... we were on board by 11.00am. So it was quick, but we also didn't stop at any of the 'selling' kiosks in the main area where you board.

You can also 'check in' on line like you do for the airlines... about 48 hours ahead of time.

Then you have an express Q. I am all for anything to make this process quicker.

Just make sure your luggage is well labeled as their procedure for taking your luggage is a little scary .... it looks totally uncoordinated .... but it works. They leave your luggage OUTSIDE the cabin door, so do get to your cabin sooner rather than later.

I have never seen anywhere where you cannot take a travel iron on board .... but when I made mention to taking one everyone jumped down my throat ..... I had it in my luggage and when they scanned it on arrival nothing was said to me then nor later by the cabin boy when I had it in the cabin. The 'guest customer officer' came for drinks one day and even she said nothing ..... so have no idea what that 'so called ruling' is all about. .... so you may like to look into that if you are intending to take one! If you do... better not mention it on CC as they will break their necks to let you know it is not allowed on "any cruise ship'. But I have never been told not to on any cruise we have done. Laundry is expensive on board so be warned on that.

Drinks were also very expensive when we were on board ... but have heard that the prices may have dropped by now.

We did not leave our credit card details at the front desk either, electing to pay by cash .... we were happy we did this as they over charged us on a number of items including bottles of wine we did not have. It is easier to hand over cash rather than them taking "what they want" off your CC ....

Enjoy your cruise, the Ports of Call we did were fabulous.

Archived