Noordam Aft Balcony furniture

lisad63

We were on the Noordam a couple of years ago in an extended aft balcony (VA). The only furniture on the extra deep balcony were two chairs, a wooden otteman and a small table. We requested a chaise lounge and were told they were not allowed on the balcony. When we inquired as to why the cabin next door had a lounger, we were later told that they Noordam staff had removed it also. We were very disappointed at the lack of a lounger on the balcony. What a waste!

We are currently considering aft VA balcony 5184. Has anyone been in the cabin or one near? If so - what furniture is on the balcony now? If still not a lounger, we'll forgo paying for the extra space.

We had the room directly below the one you mention and we had the small table, and two chairs. I asked for a lounge chair but was told that this is not possible. Even without the lounger, this is a great room and an even better view. If the prices were lower I would book it in a heartbeat, but alas my discretionary income is feeding my fuel tank on the Mini.

We were on the Noordam a couple of years ago in an extended aft balcony (VA). The only furniture on the extra deep balcony were two chairs, a wooden otteman and a small table. We requested a chaise lounge and were told they were not allowed on the balcony. When we inquired as to why the cabin next door had a lounger, we were later told that they Noordam staff had removed it also. We were very disappointed at the lack of a lounger on the balcony. What a waste!

We are currently considering aft VA balcony 5184. Has anyone been in the cabin or one near? If so - what furniture is on the balcony now? If still not a lounger, we'll forgo paying for the extra space.

jtl513 had VB 4178, one deck below your stateroom and they had at least one lounger. You can see here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/Deck-4.html

Aft Staterooms below ours on Deck 4 also had loungers on the Oosterdam April 2011 (I could nt see deck 5 staterooms as their overhang was completely covered.

Joanie

Thanks for the replies. Still undecided, but DH has sent an email to HAL guest relations to see what they have to say. I'm anxious to see when they answer and what they have to say.

If you can get loungers and a large balcony for a VA price, why reserve an SA cabin? I believe this is the reason you'll not get a lounger in the aft VAs unless you find a really nice steward willing to find you one. By the way, this is also a discussion topic on the Oceania boards where the new Marina has very long extended balconies on a few of the least expensive balcony cabins. No loungers there either.

Archived